One-pan no peek chicken and rice is sure to become a favorite family meal. Wild rice, soup, and chicken baked to creamy chicken and rice perfection!
I've seen a few variations on the one-pan no peek chicken and rice but this is definitely one of my favorite no peek chicken recipes for two main reasons.
One, all the ingredients are mixed and baked in the same 9x13-inch baking dish, which means minimal dishes to clean (especially if you serve the no peek chicken on paper plates). And two, it is loaded—and I mean loaded—with rich, hearty flavor.
The old version of this one-pan creamy chicken and rice dish recipe found in my ginormous recipe binder had plain ol' white rice. And while that might be something my kids prefer, sometimes you've gotta ignore what the kids want and make something you like.
It's a way to encourage their taste buds to mature, right?
This one-pan chicken recipe uses five chicken breasts, so it easily feeds a family of six, especially if the chicken breasts are solid pieces of poultry. We found a half chicken breast plus a solid helping of wild rice was plenty per person.
You could also try using chicken tenders if you're in a bit of a hurry. Using smaller pieces of chicken when making this no peek chicken recipe would make for a shorter bake time so perhaps try cutting it down by 20 to 30 minutes.
If the flavor is a bit too mushroomy, use a can of cream of chicken soup instead or try doubling the cream of celery. You could also use only one packet of onion soup mix and this no peek chicken will still be delicious, trust me.
A little on the salty side? Try using reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup. Or cut back the onion soup packets to just one or half a packet.
Some of my readers have even used panko bread crumbs or french fried onions instead and said it was just as yummy!
If you end up with leftover chicken, I bet you could dice it and throw it in this creamy chicken and rice soup. In fact, I'm going to have to try that next time!
And of course I'll be serving it with my famous best ever dinner rolls (not to be confused with the aforementioned one-hour dinner rolls).
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 boxes Zatarain's Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix, (7 oz each)
- 1 can cream of celery soup, (10.25 oz each)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, (10.25 oz each)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ¼ can water, (soup can)
- 1 box Lipton Onion Soup Mix, (2 packets)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine rice mix, cream of celery soup, cream of mushroom soup, garlic powder, and water in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Mix well.
- Place chicken evenly on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Note: DON'T open the oven to peek at the chicken and for sure DON'T remove the foil!
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 3409mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g