Need a comforting weeknight meal that's also quick and easy? Give this creamy chicken noodle and rice soup a try!Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won't pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
Have you noticed most of my recipes start with the word "easy"? It's because recipes like this easy creamy chicken noodle and rice soup are all I have the time (and patience and energy) for these days.
Maybe someday I'll post recipes that start with words like "extensive" or "exhausting." I mean, I did share this list of 20 gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, but even those are pretty simple to throw together.
Let's just agree that for now, it's all about quick, effortless and... well... easy.
Easy creamy chicken noodle and rice soup is one of my favorite recipes for leftover chicken. It's right up there with my creamy chicken and brown rice soup. You can chop up the barbecued chicken you had the night before or shred a rotisserie chicken you purchased from Costco on the way home (my absolute favorite way to have cooked chicken on hand).
Better yet, use the leftover chicken from White on Rice's sriracha roast chicken recipe because you made two whole chickens and had over half a chicken left.
But before I get to the creamy chicken noodle and rice soup, a few notes if you're planning to try the sriracha roast chicken recipe above. (I highly recommend you do—it's scrumptious!)
- Place the chicken breast-side down so the white meat gets all the drippings and is extra moist.
- Use 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with 2 tablespoons cold water instead flour to thicken the gravy. It seems to be better for avoiding lumps.
- Cook more chicken than you'll eat because then you'll have yummy leftovers for recipes like the creamy chicken noodle and rice soup I'm about to share with you.
White on Rice's roast chicken recipe really was divine and I plan on making it again!
And now for what to do with those delicious roast chicken leftovers!
I usually double this chicken soup recipe so I have leftovers for my WFH lunch and family dinner the next day. Everyone loves it—kids and adults alike—and it takes very little time and energy to make, which makes it a total winner in my (cook)book!
Want to make the prep even easier? Reach for a handy food chopper. This manual food chopper is similar to the one I have at home, but you could go with something a bit easier on the palms like this vegetable chopper.Here are the basics for making easy creamy chicken noodle and rice soup.
Easy Creamy Chicken & Rice SoupStep 1: Bring water to a boil and add rice, sans seasoning packet, and soup mix. Boil for 10 minutes. Step 2: Add chicken, cream of chicken soup, onion, celery, carrots, salt, and pepper. Boil another 10 minutes. Step 3: Serve.
If only getting my kids to clean up their dirty socks were this easy.
If you love easy soups and finding new ways to use leftover chicken (and your crock pot), try this slow cooker sweet tortilla soup. Not a fan of meat in your soups but love using your slow cooker? This slow cooker corn chowder is absolutely divine and always a hit at get-togethers.
Printable recipe for easy creamy chicken noodle and rice soup below. Enjoy!
- 1 box Rice-a-Roni long grain and wild rice (set aside seasoning packet)
- 1 envelope Lipton's chicken noodle soup mix
- 5 to 6 cups water
- 1 cup shredded or chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup diced onions, celery, and carrots (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil and add rice (no seasoning packet) and soup mix. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, cream of chicken soup, onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper. Boil another 10 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 1376mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 18g