Easy no-bake cereal bars take about 5 minutes to make and require only three ingredients: cereal, peanut butter, and honey. Perfect as an on-the-go breakfast or afternoon snack!
While krispie treats are high on my list of favorite quick-and-easy desserts, these easy no-bake cereal bars are currently high on my list of quick-and-easy breakfast foods.
You basically take your favorite Cheerios cereal, combine it with melted peanut butter and honey, and then spread the mixture in an 8x8-inch pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and you have one delicious pan of no-bake cereal bars.
I tried these cereal bars with the new Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios and Banana Nut Cheerios. Both were super yummy, though if you're a fan of that whole peanut butter and chocolate combo, for sure go with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios.
I will say the hint of cinnamon in the Banana Nut Cheerios was a really nice touch when combined with the creamy peanut butter and honey.
If you want to make these gluten-free along with dairy-free, vegan and oil-free, pick up a box of classic or Honey Nut Cheerios. Both flavors would be totally yummy in these easy no-bake cereal bars!
- 4 cups Cheerios cereal
- ⅔ cup + 2 T all-natural peanut butter
- ⅔ cup + 2 T raw honey
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Add cereal to a large mixing bowl. Place peanut butter and honey in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir carefully until thoroughly combined.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal; gently fold cereal until thoroughly coated.
- Pour mixture into lined baking dish; press firmly into place. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars. (Cut pan in half vertically and then into sixths horizontally.) Store in an airtight container in fridge for best texture and flavor.
Chocolate Peanut Butter, Banana Nut, Honey Nut and classic Cheerios all taste great in this recipe!If honey is not your thing, try another sweetener like maple syrup or brown rice syrup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g