Magically delicious doesn't begin to describe these Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes marshmallow treats. They're extra marshmallowy, buttery, and white chocolaty!
I'll admit I'm slightly obsessed when it comes to Lucky Charms desserts around St. Patrick's Day. I've made everything from Lucky Charms cookies to classic Lucky Charms treats. Last week I shared the yummiest Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes cookies and I'm still dreaming of their soft, chewy, colorful cookie-ness.
I'm still super intrigued by the new Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes cereal. I'm one of the few who actually likes those little crunchy oat pieces in the classic cereal, but for those who tend to push those aside, the new frosted flake option might be just what you're looking for. And if not, the cereal makes a heck of a good marshmallow treat!
What is it about krispie treats (marshmallow treats, marshmallow bars, cereal bars) that make them so irresistible? Whether we're talking Reese's Puffs cereal bars or scotcharoos Cheerios bars or my favorite krispie treat fireworks pops, I can never eat just one. In fact, half a pan is more my serving size.
These Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes marshmallow treats are no exception. It's a really good thing the recipe makes only an 8x8-inch pan and I gave half of the pan away because I could have eaten THE ENTIRE THING. This recipe calls for more butter and more marshmallows than the typical krispie treat recipe plus it throws in white chocolate chips, which get all creamy and chocolaty in the mix. The result is a marshmallow treat that is truly magically delicious.
If you don't have access to Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes cereal at your local grocery store (my Smith's didn't have it), you can find it at Target. Use your REDcard and you can have a couple boxes shipped free to your door. Let's just say I've ordered everything from makeup to melatonin thanks to that magical 5% discount and free shipping.
But I digress. Make these Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes marshmallow treats for St. Patrick's Day. Your kids will love you, your taste buds will love you, and your neighbors will love you. Everybody wins!
- 5 T salted butter
- 16 oz mini marshmallows, divided, (1 bag)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 6 cups Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes cereal
- Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Set aside 1 cup mini marshmallows. Place butter in a large pan and melt over medium heat. Once melted, add remaining mini marshmallows (about 7 or 8 cups). Stir continually until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove pan from stove; stir in vanilla extract. Add white chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. Gently fold in Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes cereal; continue stirring until fully mixed. Add remaining 1 cup mini marshmallows; stir until combined.
- Pour marshmallow treats into baking pan. Butter your fingers or use parchment paper to gently press the mixture evenly into the pan. Let cool before slicing into 16 squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g