Oatmeal chocolate chip protein muffins are so yummy, it's hard to believe they're good for you. Bake them and then freeze them for a healthy meal on the go!
This is a sponsored post for Purely Inspired; all thoughts and opinions are mine.
I know we're still reveling in the holiday spirit (i.e., eating all the appetizers and festive baked goods and drinking all the eggnog), but it's never too early to start thinking about a healthy start to the new year, especially when it's National Oatmeal Muffin Day!National oatmeal muffin holiday aside, sometimes you want something other than leftover cheesy potatoes or sweet onion crack dip for breakfast.
I'm not gonna lie. These oatmeal chocolate chip protein muffins look totally healthy, which has you seriously questioning if they taste like anything other than cardboard. But I'm here to tell you they actually taste really good—and I was definitely a doubter.
There's only a hint of banana flavor and a whole lot of oatmeal, cinnamon and chocolate chip flavor. I consider that a total win! Plus they're packed with protein thanks to egg whites, Purely Inspired organic protein and ground flaxseed (optional but I highly recommend it).
These protein muffins come together quickly...I'm talking less than 10 minutes. I found a medium cookie scoop was perfect for dividing them among the 12 muffin cups.
Just use 2 scoops per cup! The oatmeal chocolate chip protein muffins can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week or better yet, freeze them for a quick meal on the go!
And you know you're going to be on the go once the new year is underway.
Printable recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip protein muffins below. Enjoy!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 scoops (approx. 70g) Purely Inspired French Vanilla organic protein powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx. 2 to 3 bananas depending on size)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 T ground flaxseed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease inside of muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin pan (muffin cups will be nearly full). Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g