With this easy tomato and spinach pasta toss recipe in your rotation, you can have a delicious, hearty meal ready in minutes!
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
But also, the creamy, spicy goodness of my famous Cajun chicken pasta is always a win.
But this tomato and spinach pasta toss is way easier than Cajun chicken pasta and packed with just as much flavor. That means you should make it every Thursketti.
What? You don't call Thursday "Thursketti" and plan a pasta-related meal every week??
This pasta recipe requires only five ingredients (six if you count the sprinkle of Parmesan) and doesn't require a lot of time. We're talking less than 30 minutes from start to finally ready to plate.
Don't like spicy food? Go for mild instead of hot Italian sausage.
Can't get enough kick in your pasta dishes? Throw in some red pepper flakes!
Want a solid skillet for all your sausage cooking and tomato/spinach sauteeing needs? Go for a cast iron skillet. (These are especially great if you have an induction stovetop!)
When I say this tomato and spinach pasta toss is easy, I mean EASY.
How to Make Tomato & Spinach Pasta
Step 1: Cook pasta. Drain and return to pan.
Step 2: Cook sausage. Drain and return to pan; add spinach and tomatoes.
Step 3: Add sausage mixture and cheese to pasta and lightly toss. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and serve.
See? I'm telling you, this tomato pasta recipe is going to be your family's new favorite. It's quick, simple, scrumptious and yes, even budget friendly!
Printable recipe for tomato & spinach pasta toss below. Enjoy!
- 2 cups penne pasta uncooked
- ½ pound hot or mild Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to pan, and cover to keep warm.
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet and cook thoroughly on medium-high heat. Drain and return to pan.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and cook an additional 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Add sausage mixture and cheese to pasta and lightly toss. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 524mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g