Who knew classic macaroni salad could be incredibly easy AND incredibly delicious? This easy macaroni salad is the BEST EVER macaroni salad with the perfect blend of veggies and creamy dressing.
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
When I say this easy macaroni salad is the best ever macaroni salad, I’m not exaggerating. Of course, I guess that depends on your definition of “the best.”
For me, the definition of “the best macaroni salad” is when a classic macaroni salad recipe is easy, requires “normal” ingredients, comes together quickly. and is a total hit… especially with your dad.
And that’s saying a lot because my dad is kinda (super) picky.
This creamy macaroni salad is all of the above. Although the recipe has 10 ingredients on the list, half of those ingredients are for the dressing.
Macaroni salad dressing ingredients so don’t count.
You won’t find anything fancy in this creamy, easy macaroni salad although one of the dressing ingredients might surprise you. But then again, surprises often lead to super tasty dishes, which makes this the perfect dish for family picnics and backyard get-togethers.
Note: I like to use half Splenda in place of the sugar to cut down on calories while keeping all the taste in this classic macaroni salad. You could totally try using full Splenda; if you do, let me know how it goes!
I made this classic macaroni salad for our Mother’s Day dinner at my mom’s and it was very well received (i.e., we all had seconds). I left my dad some leftovers and they were gone by the next day.
I consider that a winning recipe!
This is why I love summer so very, very much. It’s all about the food.
- 1 (16-oz) box macaroni pasta
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sugar or Splenda
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente pasta. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, and vinegar. Add pasta and toss to coat. Add onion, peppers, and celery and mix thoroughly. Dressing will look thin but will thicken as it refrigerates.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. (Refrigerating overnight is best!)
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 480mg Carbohydrates: 59g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 30g Protein: 8g