After tasting these cheesy pigs in a blanket with sweet sriracha dipping sauce, you'll want to serve them at every game day party!
I feel like people are lying if they say they don't lie—or won't eat—pigs in a blanket. It's like the sketchy second cousin twice removed who everyone pretends they don't know. I'm not ashamed to admit I love little smokies wrapped in crescent roll dough and dipped in a variety of sauces.
This copycat Chick-fil-A sauce is one of them.
Know what I love even more? Extra cheesy pigs in a blanket with a side of sweet sriracha dipping sauce. I'm totally willing to eat either one of these without the other (yes, I'd eat the sweet sriracha dipping sauce plain), but like peanut butter and chocolate, they're so much better together.
Cheesy pigs in a blanket are messy to bake so you'll want a silicone mat or parchment paper for an easier transition from baking sheet to serving tray. The gooey cheese may make them less presentable but who the heck cares?
Two words about the sweet sriracha dipping sauce: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. We've tried this sweet sriracha dipping sauce with the cheesy pigs in a blanket and one black bean veggie burgers. We've also had it on homemade bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches. I'm pretty much looking for every opportunity to slather this sriracha sauce on something...
Printable recipe for cheesy pigs in a blanket with sweet sriracha dipping sauce below. Enjoy!
- 2 (14-oz) packages cocktail-size smoked link sausages
- 2 (8-oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 cup low-fat mayo
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 T sriracha
- 1 T honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Unroll dough and gently separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise (from wide end to point) into 3 smaller triangles.
- Cut each slice of American cheese into 8 smaller slices (strips). Layer one strip of cheese on each triangle. Place sausages on widest end triangle and roll towards the opposite point. Place point side down on baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve with sweet sriracha dipping sauce (or honey mustard, ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, etc.).
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.