Chicken bow tie pasta salad is the perfect summer salad! It combines so many delicious ingredients with the crunch of cashews and creamy coleslaw dressing.Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog. I’m all about summer parties with their spread of fresh fruit (bring on the watermelon!), lighter appetizers (you’ve gotta try this easy mango salsa), and all the salads. Along with my favorite strawberry spinach salad with balsamic poppy seed dressing (holy candied pecans) and easy Asian ramen salad, I love making chicken bow tie pasta salad with grapes and cashews. I also love making cheesy pigs in a blanket but they’re more about feeding my mouth than a crowd. What is it about those things? They’re like crack, I swear.cashews as those do get a bitsoft after a day or so. But yay for extra cashews!mandarin oranges. While I love fresh clementines, I can’t do canned mandarin oranges so I generally leave them out. But that’s what’s awesome about this bow tie pasta salad—you can tweak it however you’d like! You can leave out the cashews for nut allergies or the pineapple chunks for those crazy people who don’t like the heavenly fruit. Or in my case you can nearly double the cashews.
- 1 (16-oz) package bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (15-oz) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 1 (20-oz) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 2 cups red grapes (whole or halved)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (16-oz) bottle coleslaw dressing
- 1 (6-oz) package craisins
- 1 cup cashews, halves & pieces
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to chill.
- Combine pasta, chicken, celery, mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, grapes, green onions, and coleslaw dressing in a large bowl. Toss to coat evenly.
- Chill at least an hour. Add craisins and cashews before serving. Garnish with more cashews.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 4gSugar: 34gProtein: 17g