Need a tasty way to use leftover ham or a recipe that'll feed a crowd? Look no further than Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders!
I feel like there are a million recipes for ham and cheese sliders but if you really want the best version, try this one. The secret is really two secrets: Hawaiian sweet rolls and the perfect butter mixture slathered on top!
Our family LOVES sliders. We love slow cooker French dip sliders and slow cooker buffalo ranch chicken sliders. Our love of sliders goes way back. Check out this recipe for beef sliders with caramlized onions and chipotle mayo. The recipe is delish even if the photos hail from my early food photography days.
These Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders with poppy seed drizzle are right up there with my favorite finger foods like tater tot nachos and tomato bruschetta. We've made pans and pans of them for parties and holiday gatherings.
And while these sliders most often call for ham—a great way leftover ham recipe—you could also mix things up with turkey and swiss or even try adding a little kick with pepper jack cheese!
Making hamd and cheese Hawaiian sliders is almost as easy as eating them.
How to Make Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders with Poppy Seed Drizzle
Step 1: Slice rolls in half and set tops aside.
Step 2: Layer ham, cheese, and then more ham.
Step 3: Top with other roll halves.
Step 4: Drizzle with buttery poppy seed mixture and bake.
Yes, it's that simple! The only real trick is to use a really sharp serrated bread knife to cut the rolls. Other wise you might end up with hacked-up Hawaiian rolls.
Out of all the leftover ham recipes, this is the real deal and the one your kids will ask for all. the. time. Trust me.
- 2 dozen King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 ½ pounds sliced deli ham
- 1 ½ pounds sliced Swiss cheese
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray two 9x13-inch or 9x9-inch pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally with a serrated knife. Do NOT pull them apart! You’ll end up with one big “sheet” of tops and another “sheet” of bottoms. Place the bottom half in the pan.
- Evenly layer about half of the ham over the rolls followed by cheese and then remaining ham. Finish with the tops of the rolls.
- Place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat on high power until melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the poppy seeds, mustard, onion, and Worcestershire sauce and whisk to combine.
- Gently and evenly spread the butter mixture over the rolls using a silicone pastry brush. Cover pans with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Uncover and cook an additional 2-3 minutes to lightly crisp up the tops. Keep a close eye on the rolls so they don’t burn!
- Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately. Notes: Other yummy options include turkey with Havarti and roast beef with provolone.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 498mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g