Slow cooker buffalo ranch chicken makes THE BEST sliders. Top with creamy blue cheese dressing and pepper jack cheese for the perfect party sandwich!
I am a sucker for sliders. Whether I'm indulging in hamburger sliders with caramelized onions or making a batch of french dip sliders, I can't resist these miniature-sized sandwiches.
The same goes for a basket of chicken wings. They can be spicy, sweet, or simply seasoned—no matter the sauce or spice, I can eat those wings like nobody's business.
Combine the flavor of a batch of yummy buffalo wings with the easiness of slow cooker sliders and what do you get? How about taste bud-tempting slow cooker buffalo ranch chicken perfect for sliders or sandwiches.
I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to spicy foods, so I like to cool down these buffalo ranch slow cooker chicken sliders with a slathering of blue cheese dressing.
If you're a fan of ranch dressing, that's a great option too. (We go through ranch dressing by the gallons in our house!)
The secret to this buffalo chicken slow cooker recipe is a packet of ranch dressing. Most recipes call for half a packet but I go all out and use the entire thing.
I'm crazy like that.
You can serve your slow cooker buffalo ranch chicken simply (meat and bun) or you can dress it up with the aforementioned blue cheese dressing, sliced cheese (we love pepper jack but you could do provolone, mozzarella, Havarti...), and lettuce.
I like using the Hawaiian rolls for sliders but any kind of roll would work. You can also pick up French or hoagie rolls and serve full-sized sandwiches.
The nice thing is you could totally make this buffalo ranch chicken slow cooker recipe a day or two ahead and then reheat when ready to serve. I love any recipe that cuts down on the day-of prep like these copycat Chili's salsa.
You can make prepping these buffalo chicken sliders even easier by using a programmable slow cooker like a Hamilton Beach slow cooker. What I wouldn't do for a slow cooker I could program for those days I'm gone from dusk 'til dark!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (17.5-ounces) buffalo sauce
- 1 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Hawaiian rolls or other rolls to make sliders
- Cheese (provolone, mozzarella, pepper jack)
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Add ¾ of the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing packet, and butter. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours until chicken shreds easily.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return to slow cooker and cook on low another 2 hours.
- Pile chicken on Hawaiian rolls for sliders or hoagie rolls for sandwiches. Top with cheese, extra dressing and/or hot sauce, and lettuce. Serve immediately.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: ¼ cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 64Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 562mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 12g