You'll want to lick every finger after eating this easy coconut caramel monkey bread! Pull-apart, cinnamon-coated bread is covered in gooey caramel sauce and sprinkled with sweet shredded coconut. It's to die for!
I've made a few variations of monkey bread, and while those recipes for monkey bread were pretty dang delicious, not one was as finger-lickin' good as this easy coconut caramel monkey bread.
Sure, there are plenty of caramel monkey bread recipes on the interwebs, but not many are genius enough to throw shredded coconut into the mix. I feel like coconut is always a brilliant idea when it comes to caramel-flavored desserts.
If you haven't tasted monkey bread with caramel sauce, you haven't lived. After baked, the bundt pan with that delicious monkey bread is full of ooey, gooey caramel goodness.
One of the best things about this easy coconut caramel monkey bread is a caramel sauce that doesn't require boiling. I don't know about you, but I'm not super great at making caramel sauce from scratch.
The caramel sauce in this monkey bread recipes requires only two ingredients: caramel sundae topping + maple syrup. That's it! No stovetop boiling required!
I'm pretty sure coconut caramel monkey bread needs to be a staple in your collection of easy dessert recipes. Sure, you can make the bread dough from scratch but Pillsbury Grands biscuits make the process so much quicker and easier!
Plus, using refrigerated biscuits and that easy caramel sauce means your kids can totally help you make this monkey bread with caramel sauce and coconut!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 cup Smucker's caramel sundae syrup
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a gallon-size Ziploc bag. Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit in quarters. (Use a pizza cutter for the easiest cutting!) Place biscuits in Ziploc bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Combine caramel sundae syrup and maple syrup in a small bowl; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Layer ingredients in pan in following order: ¼ cup syrup, ½ of the dough (about 16 pieces), ¼ cup coconut, ¼ cup syrup, remaining dough, ¼ cup syrup, ¼ cup coconut.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and bread is no longer doughy. Cool 5 minutes before turning upside down on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 707mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g