These peach crisp monkey bread muffins combine fresh, diced peaches, a delicious crumble topping and cinnamon roll dough for an easy, scrumptious treat!
This is a sponsored post for Acorn Influence; content and opinions expressed are my own.
Man, I love monkey bread. It can be full of bacon, cheese, cinnamon, herbs, fruit—it doesn't matter. I'll eat it. My latest fave is this caramel coconut monkey bread. Mmm...
And while I love what I consider traditional monkey bread (hunks of baked dough coated in gooey cinnamon sugar), I'm always game for trying something new.
There's a good chance it will be a sweet success like these peach crisp monkey bread muffins.
Apparently when you combine quality pre-made cinnamon roll dough with fresh, diced peaches and a homemade pecan crumble topping, you get to-die-for muffins.
I'm usually all about using a bundt pan (I love posting bundt cake recipes!), but using a muffin pan make these peach crisp monkey bread muffins the perfect finger food. Make that fingers food because you need at least five to eat one.
The secret to monkey bread muffins like these is using Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing. No lie. Simply pop the can and cut the pre-made rolls into pieces.
Or have your nine-year-old do it 'cause child labor is awesome when it's your own child.
I find Pillsbury is super convenient for all my springtime baking needs. Using a product like Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing cuts way down on the time required to make these peach crisp monkey bread muffins.
We've used those same cinnamon rolls to make traditional monkey bread and the most delicious cinnamon roll waffles. Mmm...
Looking for a kid-friendly, last-minute weeknight meal? My family loves making these creamy chicken crescent rolls.
Pillsbury is basically magic.
So are these monkey bread muffins.
Printable recipe for peach crisp monkey bread muffins below. Enjoy!
- 2 cans (12.4-oz) Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing
- 1 peach, peeled and diced
- ⅜ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅜ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Open cinnamon rolls and set aside icing.
- Separate dough into 16 rolls; cut each roll into 6 pieces.
- Place 5 pieces in the bottom of the muffin cup; sprinkle with 1 ½ T diced peaches. Top with 3 pieces of dough.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, salt and pecans in a small bowl; whisk until fully combined. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle 1½ T of topping atop each muffin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until topping and muffins are lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes in pan before removing.
- Transfer icing to a small microwavable bowl; microwave about 10 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over muffins.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 479mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Here are a few more recipes you might enjoy!