Cookie dough pretzel bites offer the irresistible combination of cookie dough, pretzels, and chocolate in a perfectly portioned dessert!
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
The other night we wanted to make some goodies for my friend as a thank-you and were jonesing to try a new recipe. When we stumbled upon a recipe for cookie dough pretzel bites, we were in the kitchen gathering ingredients within 15 seconds flat.
The best thing about this snack (or is it dessert? or maybe even breakfast?) recipe is the list of ingredients. I bet you have pretty much every item in your pantry right now!
We adapted the cookie dough pretzel bites recipe just a little bit as I thought the dough-to-pretzel ration was a bit heavy on the dough side.
Don’t tell my mom. She thinks cookies are done as soon as the dough is ready.
I think next time I’ll sprinkle a little kosher salt (Morton Coarse Kosher Salt is my fave!) immediately after dipping them in the chocolate. I think a titch of kosher salt would balance out the sweetness of the chocolate and cookie dough rather nicely.
See how easy cookie dough pretzel bites are to make? I amp up the easy with pre-cut parchment paper the exact size of my cookie sheets.
As far as reviews, my friend thought they were absolutely divine. I’d have to agree after taste testing at least a half dozen. Remember how easy they are to make? They’re even easier to eat, believe you me.
If you’re a fan of all the cookie dough recipes, you’ll love this peanut butter cookie dough dip. You can throw more chocolate chip goodies into the mix with this chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake or recipe for easy brookies.
Printable recipe for cookie dough pretzel bites below. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 40-50 pretzels
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening, optional
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Beat butter and sugars together in large bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Add flour and salt and mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Note: Dough will be thick and crumbly; keep mixing until it comes together. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Roll 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough into balls. Place dough between two pretzels and set on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While pretzel bites chill, melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave for about 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Dip pretzel bites halfway into melted chocolate and return to baking sheet. Refrigerate the dipped bites for at least 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Cover and store pretzel bites in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long!).
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g