Who doesn’t love a quick, delicious, easy caramel popcorn recipe? The first time you try this easy homemade caramel popcorn, you’ll be hooked!
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
Here’s the thing. I’m not a huge fan of popcorn. Not even the movie theater popcorn that’s slathered in salt and butter.
BUT if you offer me a sweet style of popcorn—caramel corn, kettle corn, easy peanut butter popcorn—I’m all over that stuff.
Even better if it tastes good but is fairly healthy like this peanut butter pretzel popcorn mix.
As much as I love popcorn tossed with pretzels and M&M’S, I can also appreciate a simple, sweet popcorn recipe like this easy caramel popcorn.
Before I made this recipe with my 11-year-old daughter, I thought making homemade caramel popcorn was super tricky. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was, especially when you start with homestyle microwave popcorn!
Perhaps it’s too easy because now I want to make it all the time. And the ingredients are simple enough to always have on hand.
Not a bad problem to have.
If you don’t believe me when I say making caramel popcorn is easy, check this out.
How to Make Caramel Popcorn
- Microwave a bag of your favorite natural popcorn.
- Stir some butter, sugar, and light corn syrup in a saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle sauce over popcorn and toss until coated.
- Eat the entire bowl.
See? Easy peasy! You can have delicious homemade caramel popcorn in as little time as it takes to make this 5-minute southwest BLT chicken salad.
It’s almost the season for popcorn balls—they’re a great Halloween treat—so you should probably start practicing. Granted, it doesn’t require much practice but practicing means lots and lots of batches of yummy, salty, sweet popcorn!
- 1 (3.2-oz) package homestyle popcorn
- 6 T light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- Cook popcorn according to package directions. Set aside.
- Stir corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Place popcorn in a large mixing bowl and drizzle sauce over the top. Toss until popcorn is coated. Stop stirring when sauce has cooled and sets. Let sit until cool enough to eat.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 1g