This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
There's something special about that first barbecue of the season. It signals the start of summer no matter what the calendar—or the weather—says. And what better way to kick off grilling season than serving a plateful of double bacon chili cheese dogs.
These double bacon chili cheese dogs are quick and easy to make. They feature hot dogs wrapped with Hormel BLACK LABEL Bacon and topped with Hormel chili, shredded cheese, diced onion and Hormel Real Bacon Pieces.
Because you can't ever have too much bacon. Like, EVER.
I combined a can of Hormel Chili with Beans and a can of Hormel Chili No Beans because I prefer "light" beans when it comes to my chili. But feel free to use whatever chili you like—hot & spicy, vegetarian, homestyle...
We grill more than our fair share of hot dogs and hamburgers over the summer because they're super easy when entertaining out doors. Plus I find they're always a crowd-pleaser no matter the ages of our guests.
I will tell you this; once you wrap your hot dogs with bacon you may never eat them any other way. Just look at these spicy BLT bacon-wrapped hot dogs. They're to DIE for!
Printable recipe for double bacon chili cheese dogs below. Enjoy!
- 2 (8-count) packages hot dogs
- 2 (8-count) packages hot dog buns
- 1 (16-oz) package Hormel BLACK LABEL Bacon
- 2 (15-oz) cans Hormel chili
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 (3-oz) container Hormel Real Bacon Bits
- Preheat grill over medium heat.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around hot dog. Secure with a toothpick if necessary. Repeat with remaining bacon and hot dogs. Set aside.
- Heat chili according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Grill hot dogs on the grill, turning a quarter turn every couple minutes until the bacon is thoroughly cooked. Remove from grill and cover to keep warm.
- Place grilled hot dog in bun and top with chili, cheese, onion and bacon bits. Serve immediately.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 1076mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 19g