There’s applesauce cake and then there’s applesauce CRUNCH cake. Why go for ordinary when you can opt for extraordinary with a crunchy topping?
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
My go-to choice for dessert always involves a baked good. Cakes, brownies, cookies—doesn’t matter as long as it’s soft, sweet, and recently removed from the oven. Bonus if the dessert recipe is simple and calls for ingredients I always have on hand.
What do you know? This applesauce crunch cake fits all of the above!
You can find a slew of applesauce cake recipes online. Applesauce takes that whole “moist and flavorful” thing to a whole new level!
After baking and eating an entire pan of this cake, you’ll want to stock up on all the applesauce you can!
Of course, if you’re a fan of easy, apple-inspired desserts, then you’re going to love this applesauce crunch cake. I bet you already have all the ignredients on hand.
I mean, if you have kids at home, you’ve always got a few of those applesauce pouches lying around. A couple pouches and you’re golden!
Don’t like nuts in your baked desserts? Feel free to leave those out. The applesauce cake will still be delicious!
Want to take a cake with applesauce up a notch? Top it with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and a drizzle of caramel syrup. Your taste buds—and your guests—will thank you!
- 1 cup (1/2 lb) salted butter
- 1 lb light brown sugar (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, flour, and nuts in a large bowl; mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Add egg, applesauce, cinnamon, and baking soda to butter and flour mixture; mix well. Pour into pan and sprinkle with 1 cup remaining topping.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Serve warm as is or topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup (optional). Also tastes great as a cooled cake!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 4g