Try this triple chocolate bundt cake and you'll never bake plain ol' chocolate cake again. Rich, chocolaty, moist, and super easy.
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won't pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
Triple chocolate bundt cake is my go-to dessert recipe when I'm headed to a potluck or hosting a family get-together. It's a quick (other than the baking part), easy, to-die-for-delicious chocolate bundt cake, and I always have all the ingredients I need on hand.
I love a good bundt cake. I mean, it's a bit more work greasing and flouring the pan—and a bit more work during cleanup—but it's totally worth it. No multiple layers to frost, and it totally comes with guidelines for slicing.
I dare you to make it and not have a foodgasmic experience when you taste it. (Yes, I totally went there.) You'll find that the oohs and aahs when people take a bite are nearly as audible Meg Ryan's.
While I'm all about piling on the chocolate with mini chocolate chips in the mix and chocolate chips for the glaze, you could mix things up.
Some ideas you could try include:
- Cherry topping (easy = canned cherry pie filling like you'd use on cheesecake)
- Cream cheese frosting like in this sour cream carrot bundt cake
- Coconut frosting
- Thawed frozen whipped topping
- Peanut butter frosting like in these peanut butter fudge brownies
The secret to making bundt cakes look like you spent all day making them is in the bundt pan.
Ready to see how easy it is to make this triple chocolate bundt cake recipe? Let's go!
How to Make a Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Step 1: Grease and flour bundt pan. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and water and beat on medium speed. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into bundt pan.
Step 2: Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan for a good hour and a half before turning over onto a serving platter.
Step 3: Combine ingredients for glaze and microwave until melted. Spread or pour warm glaze over top of chocolate cake and let drizzle down the sides.
See? Super easy!
Printable recipe for triple chocolate bundt cake below. Enjoy!
- 1 box Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix
- 1 large box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and water. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake thoroughly in pan for a good hour and a half before turning over onto a serving platter.
- Combine ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until completely melted. Do not overcook!
- Spread or pour warm glaze over top of chocolate cake and let drizzle down the sides. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and shredded coconut (optional).
To make this chocolate cake even better, bake it a day ahead. Allow it to cool no more than 45 minutes or so in the pan and then invert onto a plate and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Trust me on this one.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g