Craving a batch of freshly baked brookies? Satisfy your brownie and cookie cravings with one easy brookies recipe. Your sweet tooth will thank you!
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
If you were to ask my my favorite type of math, it would be addition. More specifically, this problem:
BROWNIES + COOKIES = [fill in the blank]
The answer? One of the most delightful desserts you’ll ever sink your teeth into: BROOKIES.
Whoever came up with the idea of combining brownie batter and cookie dough was a genius. In fact, I think they should receive an award. More specifically, the “Delightful Double Dessert” award.
This easy brookies recipe takes brownie mix and cookie dough mix and combines them in a 9×13-inch baking pan so it’s a cinch to bake them, cut them, and serve them.
It’s also a cinch to eat them. Like, the entire pan in one sitting.
No lie—especially if you make a batch with peanut butter cookie mix. Holy yum!
By the way, if you or someone you know loves brownies with edges (give me the corner every time!), you simply MUST buy the Baker’s Edge nonstick brownie pan. It is the best thing ever. We totally love ours!
Brookies kind of remind me of my peanut butter swirl brownies. It’s that blend of two different flavors for one amazing dessert.
Of course, I also love brownie cookies—no mash up of flavors with these babies. Just solid, rich, chocolate flavor through and through!
- 1 (19-oz) family-size box fudge brownie mix plus ingredients to make brownies
- 1 (17.5-oz) package chocolate chip cookie mix plus ingredients to make cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Make brownies according to package directions and spread evenly in pan.
- Make cookies according to package directions but DO NOT melt butter! Drop cookie dough by tablespoonfuls onto brownie batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cookies are a nice golden brown. Let cool at least 20 minutes before serving.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 143mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 24g Protein: 2g