Slow cooker creamy Italian chicken is easy, creamy, and comforting. You and your family will love this simple weeknight meal!
This recipe for slow cooker creamy Italian chicken is a family favorite for sure! With how simple and crowd pleasing it is, I'm sitting her wondering why I don't make it more often.
It's one of those crock pot recipes where you always have the ingredients on hand, especially if you buy double what it calls for and keep chicken breasts on hand at all times in your freezer. (Am I the only one who does that??)
If you love recipse that are easy and also easy to tweak, you'll love this creamy Italian chicken recipe. You can easily tweak it when you feel like changing things up. For example, throw in sun-dried tomatoes or try canned mushrooms instead of fresh.
I've even thrown in a can of Italian petite diced tomatoes before and it was super yummy!
Don't you love throwing frozen chicken in a slow cooker for a simply weeknight meal? I've done it with just chicken and a sauce like salsa or Korean BBQ sauce or kicked up the flavor with this buffalo ranch chicken (it makes fantastic sliders!).
Oh, and this slow cooker mango chicken is a must-make too!
Speaking of sliders, my family LOVES these slow cooker French dip sliders—also a quick and easy crock pot meal for the family!
An speaking of slow cookers, I think I need to upgrade to Crock-Pot soon with all the slow cooking I'm doing lately...
Are you ready to find out how easy it is to make slow cooker creamy Italian chicken? Here we go!
How to Make Creamy Italian Chicken
Step 1: Throw frozen chicken in crock pot. Combine water and dressing mix and pour over chicken.
Step 2: Cook chicken.
Step 3: Cut chicken and top with cream cheese mixture.
Step 4: Cook chicken a bit longer.
Step 5: Add seasonings (and mushrooms if you're feelin' 'em) and cook a little more.
Did you know this recipe was featured in the February 2012 issue of Salt Lake Magazine? This is how I plated it way back when.
Because this Italian chicken is such a popular recipe, I felt it needed an update. It definitely looks a thousand times better (and tastes just as delish)!
If you're a fan of slow cooker recipes, check out all my slow cooker goodies on the blog here.
Printable recipe for slow cooker creamy Italian chicken below. Enjoy!
- 4-5 frozen chicken breasts
- ½ cup water
- 1 package dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 (8-oz) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-oz) package baby bella mushrooms (or regular mushrooms), sliced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Whisk together water and dressing mix; pour over chicken. Cook on high for two hours.
- Remove chicken, cut into bite-size pieces and return to slow cooker.
- Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup. Pour over chicken. Cook on high another three hours and then reduce heat to low.
- Add mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook on low one hour. Serve over rice.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 976mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g