p style=”text-align: center;”>This slow cooker creamy Italian chicken—with a few additions—was featured in the February 2012 issue of Salt Lake Magazine.
This recipe for slow cooker creamy Italian chicken is a family favorite for sure! My good friend Kim shared this with me, and for how simple and crowd-pleasing it is, I don’t make it nearly often enough.
It’s one of those crock pot recipes where you always have the ingredients on hand—especially if you stock up—and you can easily tweak it when you feel like changing it up. I’ve thrown in a can of Italian petite diced tomatoes before and it was super yummy!
I’ve also thrown in some sun-dried tomatoes, but the kids don’t love those so I often leave them out.
Place frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot. Whisk together dressing mix and water; pour over chicken.
Cook on high for 2 hours. Remove chicken, cut into bite-size pieces and place back in crock pot.
Combine cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and canned mushrooms. (If using fresh mushrooms, DO NOT add them yet.) Pour over chicken.
Cook on high another 3 hours and then reduce heat to low. (If using fresh mushrooms, add them now and cook on low at least 1 hour.) Serve over white or brown rice.
Recipe as featured in the February 2012 issue of Salt Lake Magazine
(I think my food plating and photography have improved a bit, don’t you?)
Printable recipe for the updated slow cooker creamy Italian chicken below.
- 4-5 frozen chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 (8-oz) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-oz) package baby bella mushrooms (or regular mushrooms), sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Whisk together water and dressing mix; pour over chicken. Cook on high for two hours.
- Remove chicken, cut into bite-size pieces and return to slow cooker.
- Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup. Pour over chicken. Cook on high another three hours and then reduce heat to low.
- Add mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook on low one hour. Serve over rice.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 976mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 17g
Previous Slow Cooker Anyday recipes:
- Market Street Clam Chowder
- Rocky Road Chocolate Cake & Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Cafe Rio-Style Shredded Pork
- Lemon Herb Chicken
- (Sneaky) Honey BBQ Ribs
- Chicken & Mushrooms
- Cheesy Taco Soup
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.