Pioneer Woman’s cheeseburger casserole is made with ground beef, onion, macaroni, plenty of cheese, and Italian seasoning. It is filling and hearty, and perfect for a weeknight dinner with a tossed green salad.
Pioneer Woman’s Cheeseburger Casserole
Pioneer Woman’s cheeseburger casserole recipe uses ground beef, onions, boiled macaroni, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper along with a variety of cheeses such as mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan.
You may use any seasonings you like or any cheese you wish to make a personalized version of this cheeseburger casserole.
Cheeseburger Casserole Variations:
- Cheeseburger Casserole With Potatoes: To make cheeseburger casserole with potatoes, follow the recipe instructions, but before baking it, add mashed potatoes to the beef mixture. To make the mashed potatoes, simply boil the potatoes before draining them and mashing them with a potato masher or potato ricer.
- Cheeseburger Casserole With Biscuits: The first step in making cheeseburger casserole with biscuits is to choose whether to make the biscuit dough yourself or buy biscuit dough from the store. Once you have decided what type of biscuits to use, place the ground beef mixture in the baking dish, top with cheese, and then top it with the biscuits. Then, bake the casserole until the cheese melts and the biscuits are browned and cooked through.
- Cheeseburger Casserole With Tater Tots: Using ready-made frozen tater tots in this recipe is easy, and results in a delicious casserole. To make this version of cheeseburger casserole, combine the ground beef mixture with frozen tater tots rather than the macaroni and cheese, and bake it according to the recipe instructions.
- Cheeseburger Casserole With Rice: To make cheeseburger casserole with rice, simply replace the macaroni and cheese with cooked white rice. You can also use brown rice or Cauliflower Rice.
How to Store Cheeseburger Casserole
- In the Fridge: Cheeseburger casserole can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days if it is properly stored. Before placing your casserole in the fridge, allow it to cool until it reaches room temperature. Then, wrap it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. Cheeseburger casserole can also be divided into portions and stored in airtight glass containers for easy reheating.
- In the Freezer: Cheeseburger casserole can be frozen for up to 3 months. You should freeze it in portions rather than freezing the entire casserole. To freeze it, put each portion in a freezer bag, leaving about a ½ inch of room to accommodate for expansion. Freezing the casserole in portions will allow you to defrost it and reheat it easily.
How to Defrost Frozen Cheeseburger Casserole
- In the Refrigerator: Place your frozen cheeseburger in the fridge and it will defrost in 12 to 24 hours.
- In Warm Water: Frozen cheeseburger casserole can be defrosted in less than 2 hours with warm water if you freeze it in portions. Simply place each frozen portion in a warm water bath (not boiled) and it will defrost very quickly.
- In the Oven: Preheat the oven to 350 F. Remove the frozen cheeseburger casserole portions from the freezer bags you stored them in and place them in a baking pan. Place it in the oven to defrost, about 20 to 25 minutes. Then, continue to cook the casserole portions until they reach 165 F.
How to Reheat Cheeseburger Casserole
- In the Oven: A simple way to reheat leftover cheeseburger casserole is in the oven. To do so, preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the leftover cheeseburger casserole in a baking pan covered with aluminum foil and heat it for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure the casserole reaches 165 F before serving.
- In the Microwave: Place each leftover cheeseburger casserole portion on a microwave-safe plate and heat it for 1 to 2 minutes on high power, adding 1 minute more if needed.
- In the Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 350 F. Wrap the cheeseburger casserole portions in aluminum foil and place them in an air fryer basket. Heat them for 7 to 10 minutes, and then uncover them and continue cooking for 3 more minutes.
Note: The cold leftover cheeseburger casserole can be topped with grated cheese and reheated for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
What to Serve With Cheeseburger Casserole
You can serve this cheeseburger casserole with crackers, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and/or a fresh salad. Cheeseburger casserole is my favorite with roasted vegetables like carrots, asparagus, or cucumbers along with dipping sauces such as mayonnaise or mustard.
Here is a list of side dishes you can serve with cheeseburger casserole:
- Popeye’s Onion Rings
- Pioneer Woman’s Ham And Bean Soup
- Tri-Tip Roast Recipe Pioneer Woman
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Pioneer Woman’s Sausage Balls
- Pioneer Woman’s Ambrosia Salad
Pioneer Woman's Cheeseburger Casserole
Pioneer Woman's cheeseburger casserole is made with ground beef, onion, macaroni, plenty of cheese, and Italian seasoning. It is filling and hearty, and perfect for a weeknight dinner with a tossed green salad.
- 1 package macaroni and cheese
- ½ Ib ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Add the ground beef and onion to a large skillet set over medium heat and season it with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook the ground beef for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Grease a baking dish with some vegetable oil.
- Stir the boiled macaroni and cheese, and Italian seasoning into the beef mixture.
- Add the cheeseburger mixture to the baking dish.
- Top the cheeseburger mixture with the cheddar and mozzarella in an even layer.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve it hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 298Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Leave a Reply