Pioneer Woman's cheeseburger pie recipe will show you how to make a delicious savory pie with all of the traditional components of a cheeseburger. This cheeseburger pie will be wonderful for dinner while being a tasty dish for your entire family.
What is Pioneer Woman's Cheeseburger Pie?
Pioneer Woman's cheeseburger pie is a delicious pie made with ground beef, onions, milk, eggs, biscuit mix, and seasonings like salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Here are some steps for cooking this cheeseburger pie.
- First Step: Cook the ground beef with onions until the beef is no longer pink, and place it in a pie plate.
- Second Step: Add the grated cheddar cheese or any kind of cheese you desire to the top of the cooked beef mixture.
- Third Step: In a bowl, whisk milk with eggs and biscuit mix. Pour the mixture over the beef mixture.
- Last Step: Bake the cheeseburger pie for 25 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
Cheeseburger Pie Recipe Tips
- Make-ahead Cheeseburger Pie: Cheeseburger pie can be prepared and assembled up to 24 hours before baking. Because the pie will be chilled, you'll have to bake it a few minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Bisquick Mix Substitute: In this recipe, Bisquick mix is used, but flour, breadcrumbs, or crushed crackers can be used instead.
- Cheeseburger Pie Toppings: The pie can be topped with bacon, sliced avocado, fried onions or mushrooms, California-style shredded lettuce and tomato, pickles, black or green olives, or cucumber. The options are endless.
- Preparing the Batter: Use a wire whisk to ensure the batter is lump-free. You can also replace the milk with heavy cream or half and half if you like.
How Long Will Cheeseburger Pie Last in the Fridge?
This cheeseburger pie will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days if properly stored. After the pie has reached room temperature, wrap it in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight glass container.
How to Freeze Cheeseburger Pie
Cheeseburger pie can be frozen for three months or longer. It is best if you divide the cheeseburger pie into portions and freeze the portions separately. It is also a good idea to label the portions with the freezing date. When the pie is frozen in portions, it will defrost faster than when it is frozen whole.
How to Defrost Frozen Cheeseburger Pie
- In the Fridge: You can defrost frozen cheeseburger pie by placing it in the refrigerator for 24 hours. The defrosting process may take less or more time depending on the thickness of the pie. If you are defrosting a whole frozen pie, the process will take longer.
- In Warm Water: Prepare a large container full of warm water but not boiling. Place the frozen cheeseburger pie portions in the warm water and they will be completely thawed in less than 2 hours.
- In the Oven: Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the frozen cheeseburger pie portions in the baking pan after they have been removed from the freezer bags. It only takes 20 to 25 minutes for them to thaw in the oven. Keep cooking until the cheeseburger pie portions reach 165 F, and then serve.
How to Reheat Cheeseburger Pie
- In the Oven: Reheating leftover cheeseburger pie in the oven is a simple process. To do so, preheat your oven to 350 F. Cover the leftover cheeseburger pie (thawed) with aluminum foil. Heat the pie for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure the casserole reaches 165 F before serving.
- In the Microwave: Slice the leftover cheeseburger pie into portions. Put each portion on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Add more time if needed.
- In the Air Fryer: Set the air fryer to 350 F. Wrap each slice of cheeseburger pie with aluminum foil and place them in the air fryer basket. Heat them for 7 to 10 minutes.
What to Serve With Cheeseburger Pie
Cheeseburger pie is a great meal, as you can serve it with fresh vegetables such as tomato, lettuce, or cucumber. You can also eat cheeseburger pie for dinner along with fries, roasted veggies, salad, stew, and much more.
Below is a list of the best side dishes to serve with cheeseburger pie:
- Fillet Steak
- Pioneer Woman Beef Stew Recipe
- Chicken Divan Barefoot Contessa
- Pioneer Woman Goulash Recipe
- Cream Of Asparagus Soup Barefoot Contessa
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste, optional
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Original Bisquick mix (you can use all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease a medium glass pie plate (9-inch) with vegetable oil.
- In a large skillet, heat some oil and fry the onion until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook, while breaking it apart with a spatula, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the beef and season it with salt and black pepper. You can also add garlic powder if you wish.
- Once you cook and season the beef mixture, spread it into a pie plate.
- Top it with the cheddar cheese so that it covers the beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Original Bisquick mix or flour with the milk and eggs until combined.
- Pour the batter over the beef mixture.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 514Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 228mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 43g