These healthy no bake cookies aren't packed with ingredients (only peanut butter, maple syrup, oatmeal, and vanilla protein) but they ARE packed with tons of yummy flavor! They're as irresistible as they are easy!
This is a sponsored post for Purely Inspired; all thoughts and opinions are mine.
I recently posted one of my all-time favorite recipes for crunchy peanut butter no-bake cookies. Honestly, I can't make these no bake cookies very often because I can easily eat the entire batch before my kids get home from school.
If only they were healthy no bake cookies, then I wouldn't feel so dang guilty eating three or four at a time. *sigh*
But guess what? I've found a recipe for healthy no bake cookies that I tweaked so it was more of a recipe for healthy no bake protein cookies. That means I can actually feel good if I eat more than one...
These healthy no bake peanut butter oatmeal protein cookies have ONLY FOUR ingredients and they're all ingredients you probably have on hand. I'm talking peanut butter, maple syrup, rolled oats, and vanilla protein powder.
Okay, maybe you don't have maple syrup on hand, but I tried using honey in this recipe for healthy no bake cookies and they didn't turn out at all. But perhaps you might have better luck?
Speaking of luck, you'll for sure want to use a medium cookie dough scoop when making these protein cookies. It makes shaping them so much easier. You can use a spoon and your hands to form the dough, but they seem to set best if you use a cookie dough scoop.
The great thing about these healthy no bake protein cookies is they double as a dessert and a healthy snack! I'm not sure if that means you can have at least two a day, but that's what I'm telling myself.
I've thought of trying a version of healthy no bake cookies that uses chocolate protein powder instead of the vanilla. I think I'll have to do it later this week since my family seems to think they can eat the current batch of peanut butter oatmeal no bake protein cookies in the fridge!
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ scoop Purely Inspired French Vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and maple syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second intervals, whisking mixture between intervals, until very warm and fragrant (about 4 to 5 intervals).
- Add protein powder and oats to mixture; stir until thoroughly combined. Use a medium cookie dough scoop to place balls of dough on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Use a fork or your fingers to gently press no bake protein cookies to desired thickness.
- Chill cookies in freezer 15 to 20 minutes or until firm and completely cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g