My grammy's easy homemade fudge is seriously the best! It's super creamy and super chocolaty, plus it takes only 10 minutes to make and doesn't require any candy-making skills!
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
I have a confession to make: I so totally can't make candy. I can throw together a scrumptious sweet tortilla soup or bake a batch of sugar coma-inducing salted caramel bars, but candy is way beyond my skill set.
And I've tried. That's why I stick to easy fudge recipes like my favorite peanut butter fudge and today's easy homemade fudge.
This easy homemade fudge brings back memories of holidays spent with my grammy and grandad.
We'd watch the Lawrence Welk show, play multiple rounds of Phase 10, and eat pounds and pounds of Grandad's homemade rocky road and Grammy's famous homemade fudge.
As long as you follow the directions, you can't mess up this homemade fudge recipe. Some boiling is required but you won't find the need for a candy thermometer.
And while the fudge is absolutely delicious without nuts, I highly recommend including them if you can. If you want smaller pieces of pecans or walnuts, grab a handheld chopper; it's much quicker and less messy.
Plus you can chop extra nuts for that second batch of easy homemade fudge you're gonna make because the first is going to disappear in record time.
If you whip up a batch of this fudge, make sure you share it on Insta with the hashtag #halfscratched!
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (5-oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, pecan or walnut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 8x8-inch pan with foil; set aside.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt in medium heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, nuts, and vanilla extract; stir quickly for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour into pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Remove foil and fudge from pan. Pull back foil and cut fudge into 36 pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g