Chocolate brownie trifle features layers of rich, chocolate brownies, fudge pudding, whipped topping, toffee, and caramel. What's not to love?
This chocolate brownie trifle features layers of rich, chocolate brownie, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, toffee and caramel. Though the toffee and caramel are optional, I think they're a must as they round out the flavors perfectly.
I throw in caramel and toffee whenever and wherever I can.
Chocolate brownie trifle is perfect for the holidays because it easily feeds a huge crowd. It's so rich you need only a small serving before your second stomach—that infamous dessert stomach—is full.
Another great thing about trifle? You need to make it at least 8 hours before serving it, which means you make it a day ahead and cut down on prep work the day of the party.
For the prettiest chocolate brownie trifle, make sure you have a glass trifle bowl like the one pictured above.
I love Anchor Hocking trifle bowl because it's simple, stylish and inexpensive.
If you're not a fan of chocolate (yes, we can still be friends!), another yummy trifle calls for angel food cake or pound cake, vanilla pudding, and freshly cut strawberries and bananas.
Honestly, my kids request this version as often as the chocolate one!
No matter your preference, trifle is an idea dessert for parties and get-togethers. But let's be honest, chocolate is always the way to go.
- 1 9×13-inch pan of your favorite chocolate brownies, cooled
- 1 (3.9-ounces) package instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- ½ cup water
- 1 (14-ounces) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8-ounces) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16-ounces) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ to ½ cup toffee bits
- Caramel syrup
- Cut brownies into 1-inch squares.
- Combine pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Mix until smooth; fold in 8-oz container of whipped topping until no streaks remain.
- Layer half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture, and half of the 16-oz container of whipped topping in a trifle bowl or similar large glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with half the toffee bits and drizzle with caramel topping. Repeat layers. Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 516Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 0gSugar: 50gProtein: 3g