Easy cherry cake with whipped topping is unbelievably delicious and requires only a white cake mix, cherry pie filling, and a few other ingredients. Whipped topping frosting is the finishing touch!
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
While I’ve made my fair share of cakes from scratch, I’m all about doctored cake mix cake recipes.
My famous decadent chocolate bundt cake is a prime example of amazing cake mix cakes. Of course, that rich, chocolate glaze doesn’t hurt!
This easy cherry cake is just that—totally easy! It’s kind of hard to believe it tastes as good as it does when the only ingredients are white cake mix, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract (I love Watkins), almond extract, and cherry pie filling.
The recipe gets even easier thanks to a tub of whipped topping in place of canned or homemade frosting. Believe you me, the whipped topping is perfect for this cake!
If you want more cherry pie flavor, you could always top each slice of cake with a dollop of cherry pie filling (Comstock cherry pie filling is my fave) or even try a spoonful of maraschino cherries.
I’m more of a simple girl so I left it as is—no one complained in the slightest!
Can’t get enough of that yummy cherry flavor? Try this delish cherry pie salad. It’s always a hit!
- 15.25 oz white cake mix, (1 box)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (21-oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (16-oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract, almond extract, and 1/2 can of cherry pie filling in a large bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in remaining pie filling until thoroughly blended. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into pan; level with spatula. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting with whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g