Baked brie with sweet pepper jelly makes for the most melty, cheesy, peppery, sweet appetizer. Serve with your favorite crackers for the perfect appetizer!
I didn't think owning a brie baker was a necessity until I made this easy baked brie with sweet pepper jelly.
For the record, if you want an easy way to test out your new brie baker, try this simple recipe using your favorite pepper jelly. My favorite pepper jelly is both the Pepp'ricot and Cran-Peno preserves from Pepperlane, a local Utah company.
Be careful. Preserves from Pepperlane are highly addictive, especially that Cran-Peno and Pepp'ricot!
Though my brie wheel was a bit small for the brie bakers, this baked brie with sweet pepper jelly was all melty and gooey and peppery and sweet... and perfect.
I served the baked brie with a side of pretzel thins, but you could also use baguette slices, tortilla chips, pita chips or a spoon.
You could also switch up the pepper jelly. My favorite is a jar of Cran-Peno Preserves, but if you prefer something with a bit more kick, try a jalapeno or hot pepper jelly.
I've found my local grocery store carries quite a few options of pepper jellies, so you don't have to trek to a specialty food store to find them. Of course, Trader Joe's has a really yummy pepper jelly and I love any excuse to go there!
If you don't have brie bakers, no worries! You can still make baked brie with pepper jelly.
How to Make Baked Brie (Without a Brie Baker)
- Option 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap brie in foil and place on baking sheet. Bake about 20 minutes until cheese is gooey.
- Option 2: Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Place brie on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake 5 to 10 minutes until soft.
Baked brie can be served with all kinds of toppings. Just look at this scumptious apricot cranberry baked brie.
Here are a few more ideas:
- Honey + balsamic
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Caramelized onions
- Onion jelly (it's a thing)
- Roasted garlic
And here are some ideas for foods you can pair with your delicious baked brie:
- Celery or carrots
- Apple slices
- Mini toasts
- Cured meats
- 1 brie wheel (8- or 9-oz)
- ½ to ⅔ cup pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove top rind of cheese; leave rind on sides and bottom. Place brie cut side up in brie baker; top with pepper jelly.
- Place brie baker in center of hot oven for 15 minutes. DO NOT place lid on baker while in oven.
- Remove from oven and place brie baker cover on top to keep brie warm and soft until ready to serve.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 7g
Here are a few more appetizers for you to try!