Very rarely do I find something healthy that also satisfies my sweet tooth. Those Fiber One 90-calorie brownies just don't cut it, so when I stumbled across these no-bake energy bites (and I had all the ingredients on hand), I knew I had to give them a try.
Holy crap, were they good—like, absolutely delicious. In fact, writing this post has me thinking I need to go in the kitchen and make another batch of no-bake energy bites...or peanut butter oatmeal protein bites as I like to call them.
Actually, their proper name is "peanut butter oatmeal honey chocolate chip bites of yumminess."
I tweaked the original recipe just a little bit, and then tweaked it again. That's what's nice about these no-bake energy bites—you can change up the recipe until your sweet tooth is completely satisfied.
And I've found the absolutely best way to control portion size is to use a small or medium cookie scoop like a OXO cookie scoop. Plus it makes shaping the energy bites that much easier.
Printable recipe for no-bake energy bites (aka peanut butter oatmeal protein bites) below.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup all-natural peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (I used the smallest scoop from Pampered Chef.)
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g