Double peanut butter protein balls are full of flavor but not full of sugar or carbs. Make them up to a week ahead for a quick, healthy, on-the-go snack!
This is a sponsored post for Purely Inspired; all thoughts and opinions are mine.
I'll be honest, I'm not the healthiest eater. I prefer eating a bagel over a banana or a Kit-Kat over a carrot. And if fruit is too much work (e.g., an unpeeled orange), I'm totally going to opt out.
Because I'm all about simplicity when it comes to healthy recipes, I am a huge fan of protein balls (a.k.a. protein balls, energy balls, energy bites). I've shared quite a few protein ball recipes on my site including my favorite PB&J protein balls, crunchy peanut butter protein bites, and peanut butter oatmeal protein bites.
Honestly, protein balls, especially healthy peanut butter balls, are my all-time favorite healthy snack. And these double peanut butter protein balls are no exception!
I wish I could say these energy bites had only four or five ingredients, but they don't. But I'm way okay with that because no bake peanut butter protein balls taste a lot like a peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie... only they're so much better for you!
You can make this protein balls recipe gluten-free and vegan if you use gluten-free rolled oats, vegan chocolate chips, and brown rice syrup instead of honey. They're already whole grain and dairy-free!
Don't forget low-carb if you combine that natural peanut butter with unsweetened shredded coconut (and you don't consider honey to be as bad a sugar as refined sugar). I've got the whole "double peanut butter" thing covered thanks to Purely Inspired powdered peanut butter. Love any healthy snack packed with peanut flavor!
I'm not gonna lie, I like using sweetened shredded coconut but I have a serious sweet tooth. I don't feel too guilty, though, because even with sweetened coconut, these peanut butter protein balls are healthier than the Twix I'd normally grab as a snack.
I find protein balls—or protein bites or energy bites or whatever—to be a great summertime snack. You can make refrigerate them for up to a week, which makes them a great snack for soccer games, swim meets, beach days, family hikes, and road trips.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar)
- 2 T Purely Inspired powdered peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix natural peanut butter, powdered peanut butter, raw honey, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Add rolled oats, unsweetened coconut, sea salt, and mini chocolate chips. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form 1-inch balls by taking 1 tablespoon of the mixture and gently rolling it between your palms. Shape if needed. (NOTE: Add water a teaspoon at a time if mixture is too dry.)
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week or at room temperature for up to 3 days.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g