These easy lemon cookies require only four ingredients for the cookies and even less for the glaze yet they taste like they're fresh from the bakery!
I'm not usually a fan of fruit-flavored desserts unless it's apple pie (do Swedish Fish count?), but I have started falling in love with lemon-flavored desserts thanks to these lemon bars and today's easy lemon cookies with lemon glaze.
The secret is using a lemon cake mix and not much else. Seriously. These cookies require a total of 6 ingredients and that includes the aforementioned cake mix.
Don't you love, love, LOVE a simple cookie recipe? It means it takes even less time between prepping and eating!
These easy lemon cookies with lemon glaze pack a serious lemon punch; if you're looking for a more subtle flavor, try cutting back on the lemon juice.
Don't you love cake mix cookies? They're such a great hack when you need a last-minute dessert for a party or family get-together. These strawberry chocolate chip cake mix cookies are especially fun around Valentine's Day and Christmas.
Printable recipe for easy lemon cookies with lemon glaze below. Enjoy!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 T lemon juice (or more depending on preference)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, oil, eggs and lemon juice together. Note: Dough will be thick.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Baked for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges barely turn golden brown. Cool 2 to 3 minutes on pan before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together confectioner's sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl. Drizzle over warm cookies or dip tops of cookies in glaze as shown in photos.
If you love lemon, you'll want to try these other lemon-inspired recipes: