These strawberry cake mix cookies require only five ingredients and are an easy treat for Valentine's Day. You could even dip half the cookie in chocolate!
I'm going to start off by saying these strawberry chocolate chip cake mix cookies aren't nearly as decadent as my red velvet rice krispie treats or double peanut butter blossom cookies, but if you need a last-minute Valentine's Day dessert for a family get-together or preschool party, they're perfect.
These strawberry cake mix cookies require only five ingredients—four if you leave out the chocolate chips. You could also make them without chocolate chips and dip half of them in melted semisweet chocolate. Another option? Using white chocolate chips instead of semisweet or milk chocolate. Mmm...
Some cake mix cookie recipes call for a ½ cup oil instead of the ½ cup butter, but I'm all about the butter when it comes to baking. Or toast. Or muffins. Or cornbread...
These strawberry chocolate chip cake mix cookies use a 15.25-oz. box of Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix. Some cake mixes are 18.25 ounces. If that's what you have on hand, try adding an extra egg to the mix. Cake mix cookies are pretty forgiving.
Printable recipe for strawberry chocolate chip cake mix cookies below. Enjoy!
- 1 (15.25-oz) box Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ to ¾ cup semisweet, milk or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, egg, butter and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges barely start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool 2 minutes before setting on a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g