Make this easy chocolate chip brownie cheesecake at your next party and you'll be the favorite. Brownie mix plus a simple cheesecake topping come together for a truly delightful dessert!
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
I can't remember the last time I made a cheesecake but I remember it being super stressful. And I'm pretty sure it didn't turn out nearly as gorgeous as this easy chocolate chip brownie cheesecake. I mean, just look at this beauty!
I don't know why, but I find homemade cheesecake super intimidating. I feel like many recipes require a water bath, and water baths always make me second guess the recipe. Plus cheesecake can go wrong in so many ways, and a bad cheesecake is one you don't soon forget.
Fortunately this chocolate chip brownie cheesecake starts with a brownie mix—pretty hard to mess that up—and ends with an easy cheesecake topping that is fluffy, light, and creamy all at the same time. It's truly heaven in a homemade cheesecake!
You will for sure want to invest in a springform pan for this easy chocolate chip brownie cheesecake. (Fortunately it's not a huge investment!) Not only do you want the ability to show off its gorgeous sides but you need a pan with some serious height. Otherwise you'll have chocolate chip cheesecake oozing over the sides and onto the bottom of your oven. I don't know about you, but cleaning my oven is not super high on my list of fun things to do.
While this brownie cheesecake isn't difficult, it does take some time. You have to bake the brownie mix first and let cool. Then you top with the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate for at least four hours. My suggestion is to make it the day before; it keeps well in the fridge and you won't have to stress about one more thing the day of your party.
Speaking of yummy brownies with layers, check out these coconut brownies from Celebrating Sweets. I'm DYING to try them!
- 1 box brownie mix, (9x13 size)
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8-oz) container whipped topping
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to correct temperature for 9x13-inch pan. Prepare brownie mix according to directions; pour into springform pan. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in vanilla extract and whipped topping followed by mini chocolate chips. Spread over cooled brownies in springform pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and extra chocolate chips or chocolate shavings (optional).
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 46gProtein: 5g