Impress guests and taste buds with this chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake. So many layers of scrumptious flavors—what’s not to love?
I love ice cream. And cookies. I love them separately as a kettle corn butter pecan shake and an old-fashioned iced oatmeal cookies.
But put them together and add a layer of crunchy, sweet chocolate like in this chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake recipe and you have a dessert that blows the mind and the taste buds.
This ice cream cake looks involved but it’s not! In fact, it’s as easy as this chocolate chip brownie cheesecake.
Don’t you love desserts that appear to have taken hours to prep but are secretly simple? Me too!
Don’t be intimidated by the number of steps in this cookie ice cream cake. The list may be longer than peach cobbler dump cake, but they’re totally straightforward and don’t require any fancy tools or techniques.
I will say, a solid icing spatula makes spreading the Magic Shell a heck of a lot easier. It’s also great for spreading butter on roll dough and creamy frosting on homemade Oreo cookies.
Speaking of Magic Shell, this stuff really is magic, and I’m totally not ashamed to say I love it.
When you throw it in as its own layer in chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake, it’s magical times a thousand.
Oh, and if you’re all about mixing things up, try using Reese’s-flavored Magic Shell and peanut butter ice cream or other flavors of ice cream like coffee, pralines & cream, and fudge brownie.
Chocolate chip cookies plus sweet, crunchy Magic Shell and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Honestly, how could you NOT make this ice cream cake? In fact, I give you permission to make it even if you don’t have a special occasion on the calendar.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Impress guests and taste buds with this chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake. So many layers of scrumptious flavors--what's not to love?
- 1 (17.5-oz) package chocolate chip cookie mix
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 (7.25-oz) bottle chocolate Magic Shell
- 1 (1.5-qt) container chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cookie mix, butter, and egg in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Make 5 cookies by dropping tablespoonful-sized dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges start turning golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Press remaining dough into pan using waxed paper or fingers sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Dough will be sticky! Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. Do NOT overbake! Cool completely.
- Spread ⅓ cup Magic Shell over baked crust. Freeze 10 to 15 minutes. While Magic shell sets, remove ice cream from freezer to soften or microwave on low power (30%), stirring at 30-second intervals. Spread evenly over crust.
- Crumble baked cookies and sprinkle over ice cream. Drizzle remaining Magic Shell evenly on top. Cover and freeze 2 hours.
- Remove 10 to 15 minutes before serving to allow ice cream and cookie crust to soften. Cut into squares and serve topped with whipped cream and maraschino cherries (optional). Store leftovers in freezer.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 254Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
This is the best ice cream cake recipe I’ve ever tried! I already can’t wait to make it again!
Yay! That makes me so happy!
Leanne - Crumb Top Baking
Ice cream cake is always a big hit with my family! And when you throw chocolate chip cookies into the mix, it’s a show stopper! I can totally see making this for dessert any time of year!
I love that it’s totally non-seasonal and great year round.
This is everything you could want from a dessert. It looks delicious.
It tastes just as delicious as it looks, too!
This is the best cake!! Seriously so delicious! Thanks for sharing!
You can never go wrong with an ice cream cake for dessert!! So great any time of year!!
It’s always a hit for sure.
This is my kind of dessert! Looks worthy of a restaurant, indeed! Can’t wait to give this a try tonight!
I hope you like it!
Wow this dessert has all my favorite things and is over the top delicious. Thank you for sharing.
Yay! Thank you!