Impress guests and taste buds with this chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake. So many layers of scrumptious flavors—what's not to love?
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
But put them together and add a layer of crunchy, sweet chocolate like in this chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake recipe and you have a dessert that blows the mind and the taste buds.
This ice cream cake looks involved but it's not! In fact, it's as easy as this chocolate chip brownie cheesecake.
Don't you love desserts that appear to have taken hours to prep but are secretly simple? Me too!
Don't be intimidated by the number of steps in this cookie ice cream cake. The list may be longer than peach cobbler dump cake, but they're totally straightforward and don't require any fancy tools or techniques.
Speaking of Magic Shell, this stuff really is magic, and I'm totally not ashamed to say I love it.
When you throw it in as its own layer in chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake, it's magical times a thousand.
Oh, and if you're all about mixing things up, try using Reese's-flavored Magic Shell and peanut butter ice cream or other flavors of ice cream like coffee, pralines & cream, and fudge brownie.
Chocolate chip cookies plus sweet, crunchy Magic Shell and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Honestly, how could you NOT make this ice cream cake? In fact, I give you permission to make it even if you don't have a special occasion on the calendar.
- 1 (17.5-oz) package chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 (7.25-oz) bottle chocolate Magic Shell
- 1 (1.5-qt) container chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cookie mix, butter, and egg in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Make 5 cookies by dropping tablespoonful-sized dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges start turning golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Press remaining dough into pan using waxed paper or fingers sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Dough will be sticky! Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. Do NOT overbake! Cool completely.
- Spread ⅓ cup Magic Shell over baked crust. Freeze 10 to 15 minutes. While Magic shell sets, remove ice cream from freezer to soften or microwave on low power (30%), stirring at 30-second intervals. Spread evenly over crust.
- Crumble baked cookies and sprinkle over ice cream. Drizzle remaining Magic Shell evenly on top. Cover and freeze 2 hours.
- Remove 10 to 15 minutes before serving to allow ice cream and cookie crust to soften. Cut into squares and serve topped with whipped cream and maraschino cherries (optional). Store leftovers in freezer.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g