Cheesy, creamy, and all kinds of spicy! There's a reason this buffalo chicken dip is affectionately known as crack chicken dip.
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
I thought I'd struck appetizer gold when I made this slow cooker cheesy hot corn dip. But then a batch of the best buffalo chicken dip came along and everything changed.
What makes a good appetizer? In my opinion, it should be easy, require easy-to-find ingredients, and contain lots of cheesy goodness. If you can prep it a day ahead and it's served hot, even better.
This easy appetizer recipe checks all those boxes.
Pretty sure this easy chorizo cheese dip does too. No wonder I love that hot appetizer!
My favorite hack when making buffalo dip with chicken is using rotisserie chicken. Not only is it already cooked, but for some reason the flavor takes something like crack chicken dip way over the top.
So does the Frank's RedHot sauce, but that's a given.
When I say this is an easy dip recipe, I mean it.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Gather all the ingredients: chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing, Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, and my favorite option, BACON.
- Stir everything together but reserve a bit of each of the cheeses so you have an extra cheesy top.
- Spread in a pan and bake.
HS tip: If you really want to kick this buffalo chicken dip recipe up a notch, mix in a small package of real crumbled bacon (or 1 cup cooked bacon). Bacon makes everything better!
I can think of one appetizier easier than and just as tasty as this recipe for buffalo dip: a block of cream cheese topped with a jar of pepper jelly. Don't believe me? Give it a try. Always a fave at parties!
Speaking of crack chicken dip, have you tried this onion crack dip yet?
It always gets rave reviews when I serve it at parties and get-togethers. It's packed with peppery flavor and lots of onion!
HS tip: I'm all about serving hot dips in pans that hold the heat. I'm in love with this gorgeous ceramic baking pan but I'm seriously considering this stunning cobalt blue baker. Hot corn dip, onion crack dip, buffalo chicken dip—any one of those would look amazing in that pan!
- 5-6 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded)
- 1 (12-oz) bottle Frank’s RedHot sauce or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-oz) bottle Ken’s Steakhouse Ranch Dressing or your favorite ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (4.3-oz) package Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon or 1 cup chopped cooked bacon (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, dressing, and 1 cup each of the Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses. Add bacon if using in recipe. Spread in the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until bubby and slightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with sliced green onions and serve with baguette slices, tortilla chips, celery sticks, or your favorite crackers.
- Note: Feel free to substitute blue cheese dressing for half or all the ranch dressing. Check original post for an option to cook the best buffalo chicken dip in a slow cooker.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1381mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g