Cookie dough pretzel bites offer the irresistible combination of cookie dough, pretzels and semisweet chocolate in a perfectly portioned dessert!
The other night we wanted to make some goodies for my friend as a thank-you and were jonesing to try a new recipe. When we stumbled upon a recipe for cookie dough pretzel bites, I’m pretty sure we were in the kitchen gathering ingredients within 15 seconds flat.
Madison made the entire batch by herself from start to finish. I couldn’t be prouder.
We did adapt the recipe just a little bit as I thought the dough-to-pretzel ration was a bit heavy on the dough side.
Don’t tell my mom who thinks cookies are done as soon as the dough is ready.
I think next time I may even sprinkle a little extra kosher salt (Morton Coarse Kosher Salt is my fave!) immediately after dipping them in the chocolate. For me I wanted a titch more salt to balance out the sweetness of the chocolate and cookie dough.
As far as reviews, my friend thought they were absolutely divine. I’d have to agree after taste testing at least a half dozen.
Printable recipe for cookie dough pretzel bites below. Enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 40-50 pretzels
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening, optional
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and salt and mix on medium speed and thoroughly combined. Note: Dough will be thick and crumbly; keep mixing until it comes together. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Roll 1 to 1½ tablespoons of dough into balls. Place dough between two pretzels and set on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While pretzel bites chill, melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave for about 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Dip the pretzel bites halfway into the melted chocolate and return to baking sheet. Refrigerate the dipped bites for at least 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Cover and store pretzel bites in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long!).
If you’re looking for more yummy recipes, you should browse my “best of” Pinterest board.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.