This Pioneer Woman olive bread comprises olives and cheese and is a great snack. Consider serving it alongside a soup or stew for dinner, or having it as an hors d’oeuvre with friends.
What is Pioneer Woman Olive Bread?
This Pioneer Woman olive bread is a simple French bread topped with a mixture of black and green olives, cheese, butter, and mayonnaise. Ree Drummond makes this olive bread recipe easy by using ready-made French bread.
After you have prepared the olive mixture, simply spread it on top of French bread slices. Then, bake the bread at 325 F for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown.
What is the Best Olive to Use in this Olive Bread?
You can use either black or green olives in this olive bread, or you can mix them together. You may want to add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the olives as well.
Can I Use Cheese in this Olive Bread?
Adding cheese to olive bread is not necessary, but it will provide a delicious taste and texture to the bread. Consider using Monterey Jack, cheddar, or another quick melting cheese on this olive bread.
Tips to Store Olive Bread Correctly
- Slice the bread into thirds (or whatever amount you can eat before it becomes soggy).
- Make sure the bread is completely cool before you store it.
- If you plan on eating the bread within 3 to 4 days, store it in a bread box or an airtight container.
- Cover the remaining portions with plastic wrap separately and tightly.
If you would like to learn more about storing bread, here is an interesting article: How to store bread.
How Long Will Pioneer Woman Olive Bread Last in the Fridge?
In general, olive bread can be stored in the fridge for up to 6 days. Once the olive bread has cooled enough to reach room temperature, slice it into medium slices and store it in tightly sealed containers. This will help the slices last longer in the refrigerator.
How to Freeze Olive Bread Correctly
Olive bread can be stored in the freezer for about 3 to 6 months; however, its flavor will diminish the longer it is stored. The best way to freeze olive bread is to divide it into portions instead of freezing the whole loaf. Freezing smaller portions will allow you to defrost and reheat it more quickly. Here are some steps for freezing olive bread:
- Divide the olive loaf into slices.
- Place each slice in a freezer bag.
- Extract as much air as possible from the freezer bags.
- Write the date on the freezer bags.
- Place the freezer bags in the freezer.
How to Thaw Frozen Olive Bread
- Defrosting in the Fridge: Thawing frozen olive bread will take about 24 to 48 hours in the fridge. In spite of how long it takes, this is the best way to defrost frozen bread because it defrosts gradually, preserving the texture.
- Defrosting in Warm Water: Fill a large container with warm water and place your frozen olive bread in it. It will completely thaw in 2 to 3 hours.
- Defrosting at Room Temperature: Thawing frozen olive bread at room temperature can take about 6 to 8 hours.
Note: Avoid thawing frozen homemade olive bread in the microwave or in the oven.
How to Reheat Olive Bread in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Wrap leftover olive bread with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until heated through.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 3 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Note: If you heat olive bread without foil, you will end up with dry, crumbly bread.
How to Reheat Olive Bread in the Microwave
- Slice the leftover olive bread.
- Place each slice on a microwave safe plate.
- Reheat the olive bread uncovered for 1 minute.
- If needed, increase the heating time, checking the bread at 30 second increments.
Note: Don’t use aluminum foil in microwaves as it is not safe.
How to Reheat Olive Bread in an Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 F.
- Slice the leftover olive bread.
- Wrap each slice of olive bread in foil.
- Heat it in the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue hearing the bread for another 3 minutes. If needed, heat it for another 1 to 2 minutes for super crispy bread.
Note: The best way to get crispy and warm olive bread is to reheat it in the air fryer. However, make sure you follow each step carefully or your bread may become too crunchy.
You May Want To Read Can You Toast Bread In an Air Fryer?
What Can You Eat With Olive Bread?
This Pioneer Woman olive bread can go really well with many dipping sauces like boom boom sauce, yum yum sauce, Guacamole, and Tartar Sauce.
You can also serve it with Cauliflower Soup, French Onion Soup or Pioneer Woman Beef Stew.
One of the best things about this olive bread is that you can serve it with almost anything such as salads, soups, stews, and dipping sauces.
Here is a list of sides that can you eat with Pioneer Woman olive bread:
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Paula Deen Oyster Stew
- Vegetable Beef Soup Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Ham And Bean Soup
- Pioneer Woman Beef Barley Soup Recipe
- Lentil Soup
- Potato Leek Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
Pioneer Woman Olive Bread
This Pioneer Woman olive bread comprises olives and cheese and is a great snack. Consider serving it alongside a soup or stew for dinner, or having it as an hors d'oeuvre with friends.
- 2 green onions
- 1 stick of butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can of black olives, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar of pimiento-stuffed green olives, drained
- 1 loaf of crusty French bread, sliced lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut the green onions into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, stir the butter with the mayonnaise, cheese, olives, and green onions until combined.
- Spread the olive mixture evenly over the French bread in a thin layer.
- Bake the olive bread until the cheese is melted and browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Yum Yum Sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 422Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 709mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
This is a wonderful bread, especially for those who love olives! The only change I made was to increase the green onions up to six. This is so delicious! One night the family ordered plain pizza. So glad I had this bread on hand. So much more flavor. I eat it for breakfast as well. 😀