If you are wondering how long to bake cupcakes at 350 F, a quick answer is for about 15 to 25 minutes. However, bake times can vary depending on many factors such as the quantity of batter you are baking and the specific recipe. Here is some information about baking cupcakes.
How Long To Bake Cupcakes At 350 F
As mentioned above, baking times can vary depending upon the size of your cupcakes. If you are baking small cupcakes, they should take about 15 to 20 minutes in the oven. Meanwhile, if you are baking larger cupcakes, they should take about 20 to 25 minutes.
What is the Best Temperature for Baking Cupcakes?
Most cupcake recipes are baked between 325°F and 375°F. 350°F is often considered the perfect temperature for baking cupcakes whether they are mini or large.
How Long Does it Take to Bake 12 Cupcakes?
The baking time will remain the same whether you bake 12 cupcakes or 24 cupcakes or even 6 cupcakes in the same pan. In our recipe, you can choose whether to bake 12 or 24 cupcakes, and the cooking time will still be 18 to 20 minutes.
Baking Times for Cupcakes
- Mini Cupcakes: 15-20 minutes
- Large Cupcakes: 25-30 minutes
- Carrot Cupcakes: 18-20 minutes
- Jumbo Cupcakes: 22-25 minutes
- Chocolate Cupcakes: 18-21 minutes
- Banana Cupcakes: 22-35 minutes
How Do You Know When Cupcakes are Done?
Using either a cake tester or toothpick is an effective way to check whether your cupcakes are adequately cooked. The cake tester or toothpick should come out clean to indicate that your cupcakes are cooked through.
Since ovens can vary, it is ideal that you check the doneness of your cupcakes 5 to 7 minutes before the recommended baking time has elapsed.
How Long Cupcakes Last in The Fridge
If you store cupcakes properly in the fridge, they can last up to one week. To refrigerate the cupcakes, once they have cooled to room temperature, place them in an airtight container and place them in the fridge.
How Long Can Cupcakes Sit Out?
You can leave your cupcakes out for up to two days at room temperature if you cover them with plastic wrap and if their toppings aren't likely to spoil at room temperature.
How Do You Keep Cupcakes Fresh?
To keep your cupcakes fresh, store them in an airtight container.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your baking soda or baking powder are too old, they won't react properly with the other ingredients, which means your cupcakes will not rise as much as they should.
You can use a thin-bladed knife instead of a toothpick to test the doneness of your cupcakes. Simply, insert it into the center of a cupcake. If the knife comes out clean, you will know the cupcakes are done.
Rather than melted butter, you can use oil or yogurt. You could also add some applesauce or strawberries to your cupcake batter to add more flavor and create a fluffier texture.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Put cupcake liners in one 12-cup muffin pan or two 24-cup mini muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, and salt.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat the melted butter and vanilla into the egg mixture.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat on low speed. Add all of the milk, beating on low speed. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat on low until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes for standard cupcakes or 10 to 12 minutes for mini cupcakes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Make sure to rotate the tin about halfway through baking.
- Place the cupcake tins on a rack to cool for 10 minutes, and then remove the cupcakes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a rack before frosting and decorating.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and sliced fruit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 243Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g