Hot chocolate mix in a jar makes for the perfect holiday gift for friends and neighbors. Don't forget the cute printable gift tag!
This is a sponsored post for LEGO; the content and opinions are mine.
Hot chocolate season is here! What better way to spread hot chocolate cheer than with homemade hot chocolate mix in a jar? This hot chocolate mix comes together quickly and easily and makes a pretty yummy cup of hot cocoa. I chalk that up to the mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
Mini foods really are the best, aren't they?
This hot chocolate mix requires only six ingredients and probably about six minutes to make three jars. Add a cute cupcake liner and the cutest free printable hot cocoa gift tag and you've got your neighbor gifts all wrapped up!
Speaking of hot cocoa, it's totally the best way to warm up after a day on the slopes. Last year my husband started taking our youngest two skiing and, boy, did they have a blast! (I prefer to stay home drinking said hot cocoa and reading a good book. Or shopping online. Or both.) Of course, the secret to having a good time skiing has a lot to do with being smart and safe. Here are George's and Olivia's tips to having a sweet day on the slopes.
5 Tips for a Sweet Day on the Slopes
- If you're going too fast, you want to turn, like, fast.
- If you're getting off the ski lift, make sure you push off a little bit or else you could twist your ankle. And it hurts.
I've done it.
- When you are lost, try to find someone coming down or call for one of the aid people.
- Wear goggles because it might snow.
- You need to wear a helmet and, like, three layers counting your ski clothes. And you need to wear two socks because it hurts when your feet are cold.
My good friends over at LEGO also have some great tips for an awesome ski trip.
Speaking of LEGO, have you seen the LEGO Friends Snow Resort sets? Oh. My. Gosh. They are the cutest! We have the LEGO Friends Snow Resort Hot Chocolate Van and I'm dying to add the LEGO Friends Snow Resort Ski Lift and LEGO Friends Snow Resort Chalet (where I would be hanging out, reading a book and drinking hot chocolate).
Check out the hot chocolate van with its hot cocoa machine and sliding window.
Anyone up for a sled race on the double slide?
If you prefer ice skating to skiing, there's the LEGO Friends Snow Resort Ice Rink. More adventures LEGO Friends fans will love the LEGO Friends Snow Resort Off-Roader. Honestly, it's probably the best way to get from the slopes to the chalet for that freshly brewed cup of cocoa!
Give the gift of homemade hot cocoa with this recipe for hot chocolate mix in a jar. Printable recipe below followed by the free printable hot cocoa gift tag. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1-quart Mason jar
- Cupcake liner (optional)
- Gift tag with directions
- Layer ingredients in jar in order listed (sugar, cocoa powder, powdered milk, salt, chocolate chips, marshmallows).
- Add a cupcake liner (optional) to the lid and secure.
- Use ribbon to attach gift tag with directions.
Here's what you'll need to make the gift tags:
- "Hot cocoa makes everything better" printable gift tag file (PDF)
- White cardstock
- Color Printer
- Paper trimmer
- White raffia ribbon or baker's twine
Here's how to create the gift tag:
- Download both the "Hot cocoa makes everything better" printable gift tag file (link above).
- Print the printable gift tag on a color printer on white cardstock and trim the tags to size.
- Punch a hole in the top of the gift tag and secure to jar with white raffia ribbon or baker's twine.
Please read the following relating to the free printable:
- Is This Really My Life printables are for personal use only.
- If you decide to re-post or use the image, you MUST cite the source and include a link to this post.
- Customizations are not available on free printables; they're offered "as-is."
Here are a few other FREE printables you might like!