This easy mixed berry freezer jam recipe features the perfect combination of strawberries and blackberries and is a great way to enjoy summer berries! Don’t forget the free printable gift tag when sharing this easy freezer jam with friends and family!
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
One of my favorite things to do with my kids in the summer is make homemade freezer jam. Our usual go-to freezer jam recipe is straight strawberry, but sometimes we’ll do a nice triple berry freezer jam with raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries.
I really need to expand my easy freezer jam recipe to include things like grape or apricot… or my latest addiction, pineapple apricot jam. Holy cow, that stuff is like crack!
Funny thing. I was going for an all blackberry freezer jam when making this easy freezer jam recipe, but I was short about one cup of crushed blackberries. Fortunately I had a carton of ripe strawberries in the fridge, so I mashed up those babies and threw them in with the crushed blackberries.
After sampling the finished product (it’s one of my favorite parts of this gig), I came to the conclusion this freezer jam recipe is quite possibly my favorite of all the flavors we’ve previously made.
I don’t know what it is about the combination of two-thirds blackberry and one-third strawberry but it was absolutely divine. So divine I almost skipped freezing the jam so I could go right to slathering it on an entire loaf of bread.
One awesome thing about this mixed berry freezer jam—besides being easy—is it makes about six cups of jam. That means you’ll have plenty for you and enough left over to give to friends and family.
And though this berry freezer jam is a gift on its own, you really ought to throw in the free printable gift tag to go with it. Nothing says “you’re my favorite” like a gift tag that incorporates Strawberry Shortcake’s favorite word.
Oh, and I’m a huge fan of simple canning jars that don’t have the two-piece lids. These Golden Spoon mason jars are a “sweet” option if you want to give jars of this freezer jam recipe to others. I also love using plastic food storage containers like these Rubbermaid TakeAlongs for freezer jam.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the LEGO gift tags:
- “You’re my berry favorite” printable gift tag file (PDF)
- White cardstock
- Color Printer (this inkjet printer is the one I use)
- Paper trimmer
- Raffia ribbon
Here’s how to create the gift tag:
- Download the “You’re my berry favorite” LEGO gift tag file (link above).
- Print the printable gift tag on a color printer on white cardstock and trim the tags to size.
- Punch a hole in the gift gag and attach using raffia ribbon or your favorite ribbon.
Please read the following relating to the free printable:
- Half-Scratched printables are for personal use only.
- If you decide to re-post or use the image, you MUST cite the source and include a link to this post.
- Customizations are not available on free printables; they’re offered “as-is.”
- 2 cups crushed blackberries (about 4 cups whole)
- 1 cup crushed strawberries (about 2 cups whole; stems & leaves removed first)
- 5 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 box Sure-Jell premium fruit pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- Wash mason jars or food storage containers and lids in hot water and dry completely. Set aside.
- Place crushed berries in a large bowl. NOTE: Measure sugar accurately by scraping a knife across the measuring cup. Add sugar to crushed fruit. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix water and Sure-Jell fruit pectin in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir Sure-Jell mix into fruit, continuing to stir for 3 minutes. (A few sugar crystals will remain.)
- Quickly pour into prepared containers. Fill to within 1/2-inch from top and immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours. Store in freezer; refrigerate after opening.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 96 Serving Size: 1 T
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 11g Protein: 0g