If you have ever wondered how long it takes to bake chicken breast at 350 F, it will take about 30 minutes in the oven. However, baking times will differ depending on if you choose to use aluminum foil, or if you use fresh or frozen chicken breast.
How Long Does Chicken Take To Cook At 350 F?
- In the Oven: Chicken breast will usually take 30 to 35 minutes to bake at 350 F but could take less time if it is thin. This is an approximate cooking time for a 1-inch thick chicken breast that isn't marinated.
- In the Air Fryer: It takes less time to cook chicken breast in an air fryer than in the oven. It will take between 15 and 20 minutes to bake chicken breast at 350 F, without covering it or marinating it.
It's important to note that these are approximate baking times and it is best to check chicken breasts with a thermometer to determine when they are done.
How Long to Bake Chicken Breast at 350 F, Covered With Foil
If you wrap chicken breast in aluminum foil, it could reduce the baking time by approximately 5 to 7 minutes, regardless of the cooking method you use. If you bake chicken in the oven, it should take 25 minutes, and if you bake it in the air fryer, it should take 15 minutes.
How Long to Bake Bone-in Chicken Breast At 350 F
Bone-in chicken breast and boneless chicken breast take similar amounts of time to cook. The best way to determine doneness is to start checking them with a thermometer about 5 to 7 minutes before the recommended cooking time has elapsed.
How Long to Bake Frozen Chicken Breast at 350 F
As a general rule, frozen chicken breast takes 40-45 minutes to cook in a 350 F oven and 25 minutes in an air fryer at 350 F. These baking times are for frozen chicken breasts.
If you are looking to thaw the chicken breasts first, you can place them in warm water for 2 hours, before cooking them in a covered dish in the oven.
Is it Better to Bake Chicken at 350 F or 400 F?
Chicken breasts cook faster at 400 F than 350 F, which is a benefit. However, baking chicken at a higher temperature will increase the risk of drying the chicken breast out. If you have less experience as a cook, baking chicken breast at 350 F will be easier to monitor and ensure you get perfectly cooked chicken.
How Do You Keep Chicken Moist When Baking?
There are lots of ways to keep your chicken breast moist and full of juices, but one of the best ways is to marinate it for a while before baking. This way, it will absorb the marinade and stay moist after baking.
Here are a few tips to ensure your chicken breast stays moist and tender.
- Use foil: Foil will keep the juices inside so that the chicken stays moist.
- Bake at 350 F: If you want to bake your chicken breast in the oven, bake it at 350°F to ensure you have better control over the baking process.
- Marinate the chicken for a couple of hours: Using your choice of marinade, marinate the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 hours in a large Ziploc bag or container.
Does Covering Chicken With Foil Help it Cook Faster?
You will accelerate the cooking process if you use foil. Foil not only enables you to bake your chicken breasts faster but also allows you to keep the chicken moist and tender.
How to Know if Chicken Breast is Cooked
Simply insert your food thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast and check the internal temperature. When it reads 160 F-170 F, you will know that your chicken breast is completely cooked.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp paprika or hot chili powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a large plate or sheet pan and rub them with olive oil, rosemary, salt, paprika or hot chili powder, and black pepper.
- If preferred, you can combine the olive oil and seasoning in a large Ziploc bag, add the chicken breasts, and marinate
them in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Place the seasoned chicken breasts on a greased baking pan, leaving space between them.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and let them rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 37g