Frozen okra in the air fryer healthier, easier, and faster than deep-frying, that's why I love using my air fryer for almost everything. As the air fryer will be much easier and faster and more efficient when it comes to these types of recipes, and you can even cook your frozen okra's if you can't find any fresh ones, your air fryer can do the job.
Okra is such a good vegetable that has good nutrition that will promote healthy cholesterol levels and a healthy digestive tract. So what are we waiting for let's see how this works.
Can you do frozen okra in an air fryer?
Yes! you can, you can just pick up a bag of Pictsweet frozen breaded okra and cook it in the air fryer. It's was easier and faster also healthier than deep-frying it.
How do you cook frozen breaded okra?
Here are some directions to help you and ensure you get the crispiest air fryer frozen breaded okra.
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Now place your frozen okra in the air fryer, and cooking them in one single layer will get the best results.
- You want to cook your frozen okra for about 14 minutes and remember to lightly shake the basket halfway through.
- Finally, remove the roasted okra from the air fryer and enjoy your meal!
Do I need to thaw frozen okra before air frying?
No, you don't need to, as you preheated your air fryer it will do both jobs, cooking and thawing your okra. Thawing the frozen okra may lead to it losing its texture and taste compared to putting it straight into the air fryer.
How long do you cook frozen okra in the air fryer?
- After preheating your air fryer to 380 degrees, you want to place your breaded frozen okra into the air fryer basket and cook it for about 7 to 14 minutes.
- Then take it off and serve it warm with a side sauce of your taste.
Is fried okra healthy?
Yes, It is, actually frying other vegetables isn't the optimal way to prepare them for health, meanwhile, okra that has been cooked in the air fryer offers a variety of nutritional benefits. rich in soluble fiber: which promotes healthy cholesterol levels. insoluble fiber: which promotes a healthy digestive tract.
Is it OK to eat okra every day?
Okra is a good source of fiber, Plus improving your digestion, it will also keep you satiated for a long time, as a result, it will minimize your food cravings. For me I like eating it once in a while, to be honest, I don't want to minimize my food cravings lol.
where can i find okra?
Okra can be found right in the produce department of your grocery store, It’s available mainly from May to September. You can also try to look at a local farmer’s market depending on the time of year as well. If you can't find any then buy some frozen ones, they are good as fresh ones check the list of the brands below.
How to reheat okra in the air fryer?
If you have any leftovers okra in the fridge, reheating them up in the air fryer is the best way to heat them!
- Start as usual by preheating your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Then you want to place the leftover fried okra in the air fryer and let them cook for about 3 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
- Finally, remove your okra from the air fryer and enjoy!
Tips to make the best-fried okra in the air fryer
You want to use a fork to dip your okra into each bowl as it will be faster. Make extra breaded okra and freeze the rest for later use. When you want to use your frozen okra use my directions above to heat them back up straight from frozen. Try to use a small bowl for the eggs which will help you dip a fork with a piece of okra inside of it much faster without trying to move it around and coat all sides. Be generous when you add the sea salt and cayenne pepper for a flavorful and spicy recipe.
Best Frozen Okra Brands
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Frozen Vegetables
- Big C Breaded Okra Frosted 6 lbs.
- Pictsweet, Premium Cut Okra, 12 oz (Frozen)
- Woodstock Farms Sliced Cut Okra, 10 Ounce
- Woodstock Farms, Okra Sliced, 10 Ounce.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 184
- Total Fat 4g 7%
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 93mg 31%
- Sodium 401mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 8g
Frozen Okra In Air Fryer
Frozen Okra In Air Fryer
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Now go ahead set out 2 medium bowls and 1 small bowl.
- Fill the medium bowl with flour, while the small bowl needs to be filled with the eggs, and the remaining medium bowl with the cornmeal, breadcrumbs, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Next, take turns dipping each piece of okra into the flour mixture, then the eggs, then the cornmeal mixture coating it on all sides each time, you can use a fork to bread them faster.
- Now you want to place your breaded okra in the air fryer and spritz them with a little oil, then let them cook for about 7 to 8 minutes until their color turns into golden brown on the outside.
- Finally, remove the okra from the air fryer and enjoy!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 184
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 4g7%
- Saturated Fat 1g5%
- Cholesterol 93mg31%
- Sodium 401mg17%
- Total Carbohydrate 30g10%
- Dietary Fiber 4g16%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 8g16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.