Cooking frozen okra in the air fryer is healthier, easier, and faster than deep-frying it. Okra is such a delicious and nutritious vegetable that can promote good cholesterol levels and a healthy digestive tract. Okra isn't a vegetable that many people are used to cooking but cooking it in the air fryer is a wonderful introduction to cooking okra at home. Here is how to cook frozen okra in the air fryer.
Can You Cook Frozen Okra in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen okra in the air fryer. It's easier, faster, and healthier than deep frying it.
How Do You Cook Frozen Breaded Okra in the Air Fryer?
Here are some directions to ensure you get the crispiest air fryer frozen breaded okra possible.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F.
- Place the frozen okra in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook it for 14 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Finally, remove the roasted okra from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Do I Need to Thaw Frozen Okra Before Air Frying it?
No, you don't need to thaw it as cooking it in a preheated air fryer should both cook and thaw the okra. Thawing the frozen okra may result in it having a poor texture once cooked.
How Long Should You Cook Frozen Okra in the Air Fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 F. Place the okra in the air fryer basket and cook it for about 7 to 14 minutes.
- Remove the okra from the air fryer and serve it with your favorite side dishes.
Is Air Fried Okra Healthy?
Yes, it is! While deep frying vegetables isn't the healthiest way to prepare them, cooking them in the air fryer reduces the need for additional oil. Okra is rich in soluble fiber, which promotes healthy cholesterol levels, as well as insoluble fiber, which promotes a healthy digestive tract.
Is it OK to Eat Okra Every Day?
Okra is a good source of fiber and can help improve your digestion. It can also keep you satiated for a long time, and may help minimize your food cravings as a result. It is always a good idea to eat a wide variety of foods but okra is a highly nutritious food.
Where Can I Find Okra?
Okra can be found right in the produce department of your grocery store. It’s available mainly from May to September. You may also be able to find it at a local farmer’s market depending on the time of year. If you can't find fresh okra, you can buy frozen okra instead.
How to Reheat Leftover Okra in the Air Fryer?
Here is how to cook leftover okra in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 F.
- Place the leftover fried okra in the air fryer and cook it for about 3 minutes until warmed through.
- Finally, remove the okra from the air fryer and enjoy!
Tips for Cooking the Best Fried Okra in the Air Fryer
Using a fork, you can coat the okra in a bowl of beaten eggs followed by a mixture of breadcrumbs, cornmeal, and more mixed with sea salt and cayenne pepper for flavorful and spicy bites of okra. Then, you can cook them in the air fryer until the coating is crispy and golden. You can see the full instructions below.
The Best Frozen Okra Brands
- 365 by Whole Foods Market
- Big C Breaded Okra Frosted 6 lbs
- Pictsweet, Premium Cut Okra, 12 Ounces
- Woodstock Farms Sliced Cut Okra, 10 Ounces
- Woodstock Farms, Okra Sliced, 10 Ounces
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 184
- Total Fat 4g 7%
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 93mg 31%
- Sodium 401mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 8g
How to Cook Breaded Okra in the Air Fryer
If you would like to cook homemade breaded okra in the air fryer, here are some instructions.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 F.
- Set out 2 medium bowls and 1 small bowl.
- Fill the medium bowl with flour. Place the cornmeal, breadcrumbs, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper in the other medium bowl. Place the eggs in the small bowl and lightly beat them.
- Dip each piece of okra into the flour mixture followed by the eggs. Then, coat the okra with the cornmeal mixture.
- Place the breaded okra in the air fryer and spray with the cooking oil spray. Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes until golden on the outside.
- Remove the okra from the air fryer and enjoy!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 184
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 4g7%
- Saturated Fat 1g5%
- Cholesterol 93mg31%
- Sodium 401mg17%
- Total Carbohydrate 30g10%
- Dietary Fiber 4g16%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 8g16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.