Pioneer Woman's brisket recipe is a wonderful place to start if you have never made brisket before. It comes out perfectly tender with a beefy and savory flavor.
How Long Do You Cook a Brisket in the Oven?
If you cook a marinated brisket in the oven at 300 F, it will usually take between 40 minutes and 1 hour to cook. However, the time may vary if you use a higher temperature. For example, if you want to cook beef brisket in the oven at 350 F, it will take between 35 and 45 minutes to cook through and be fork tender. In general, it takes no longer than 1 hour and 20 minutes to cook a brisket in the oven.
Should Brisket Be Cooked in Liquid?
Yes, you should cook brisket in liquid (such as beef broth) or marinade as this will help prevent the meat from drying out during cooking. The brisket will also absorb the flavor of the liquid or marinade.
How Do You Keep Brisket Moist and Tender?
If you are making brisket in a smoker, you can keep your brisket moist by putting a water pan in the smoker while the brisket cooks, and spraying the brisket with water, apple cider vinegar, or apple juice every 30 to 60 minutes. You can also wrap the brisket in butcher paper or foil while it cooks to lock in the juices.
Do You Need to Wrap Brisket in Foil?
Foil is extremely beneficial when cooking brisket. It speeds up the cooking process, helps keep the meat moist and prevents it from drying out.
How to Store Pioneer Woman Brisket
- In the Fridge: A properly stored cooked brisket can last in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. When storing the brisket, make sure you do not add any liquid, as the brisket may not keep for as long. To refrigerate your brisket, you should first allow it to cool to room temperature. Then place it in an airtight container before you refrigerate it.
- In the Freezer: The same is true in the freezer. Cooked brisket will remain frozen for 3 months if you freeze it with liquid or gravy, and 1 month if you freeze it without gravy. Place the brisket in freezer bags, leaving ¼-inch free in the case that the sauce or gravy expands. It is a good idea to label the date on the freezer bags as well.
How to Thaw Frozen Brisket
A frozen brisket can be thawed for 24 to 38 hours in the fridge. This method is preferred to thaw the brisket as it is more gradual than other methods.
However, if you don't have time to wait and want your brisket to defrost quickly, you can place your frozen brisket in warm water. It will completely thaw in under 3 hours.
Note: Please avoid thawing frozen brisket in a microwave or oven.
How to Reheat Leftover Baked Brisket
- In the Oven: Preheat your oven to 325 F. Wrap Your leftover brisket in foil and let it sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Reheat the brisket in the oven for 20 minutes if it's already sliced and 1 hour if it's whole. Just make sure the meat reaches 165 F before serving.
- In the Microwave: Place leftover brisket on a microwave-safe plate. Reheat brisket at 30-second intervals until heated through. The time may vary depending on how much brisket you're reheating.
- In the Air Fryer: Set the air fryer temperature to 350 F. Put some gravy on the brisket slices before wrapping them in foil. Reheating will take anywhere between 25 and 30 minutes in an air fryer. Just make sure to check the temperature every 5 minutes to ensure the brisket isn't drying out.
What to Serve With Pioneer Woman's Brisket Recipe
Brisket is delicious served over mashed potatoes, with the juices spooned over the top. Brisket is also excellent on a sandwich with melted cheese.
Other serving options include roasted veggies, waffle fries, salad or couscous. However, you could even add it to a grilled cheese if you like.
Here are some side dishes to serve with Pioneer Woman's brisket:
- Pioneer Woman Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Corn Salad
- Butternut Squash Salad
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cans of beef consomme
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 10 lb beef brisket
- Combine the beef consomme with the lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, and liquid smoke in a large roasting pan.
- Place the brisket in the roasting pan with the fat side facing up and wrap it tightly in foil.
- Refrigerate the brisket for 24 to 48 hours.
- When ready to cook, place the roasting pan in a 300 F oven.
- The brisket will take approximately 40 minutes to cook per pound.
- Once fork-tender, place the whole brisket on a cutting board.
- Using a knife, slice the meat against the grain and place each piece back into the braising liquid.
- Place the brisket slices on a serving platter and pour some of the cooking juices on top.
- You may use barbecue sauce if you like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1677Total Fat: 105gSaturated Fat: 41gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 49gCholesterol: 601mgSodium: 3027mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 169g