Witch hat Halloween krispie treats are always a hit at Halloween parties. These spooktacular Halloween treats require only 4 ingredients + a cookie cutter!
These witch hat Halloween krispie treats don't require a long blog post because they're ridiculously simple to make. And halle-freakin-lujah for easy Halloween treats because we have far more important things on which to spend our energy.
I'm talking about that last-minute gumball machine or Minecraft costume your child needs for the school Halloween parade. Good luck convincing them a pillowcase makes the most ghoulish ghost.
These witch hat Halloween krispie treats require only four ingredients: Cocoa Krispies, mini marshmallows, butter and those disgusting fruit rolls all the kids love.
Four ingredients plus a witch hat cookie cutter and you'll have the dang cutest Halloween treats you've ever seen. Okay, almost the dang cutest because these Nutter Butter ghosts still have my Halloween heart.
The kids devoured this chocolate krispie treats as did a few adults, so I'm not exaggerating when I say they're delicious. If you're not a fan of fruit rolls, you could always frost them. But the frosting could get all kinds of smashed when those witch hats are on their way to the dead man's party.
Printable recipe for witch hat Halloween krispie treats below. Enjoy!
- 3 T salted butter
- 1 (10-oz) package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal
- 2 fruit rolls (e.g., Fruit by the Foot)
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir frequently until completely melted. Remove from heat and fold in Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies.
- Transfer contents to baking dish. Use waxed paper (or your fingers) lightly greased with cooking spray or butter to firmly press mixture in pan until evenly distributed. Use witch hat cookie cutter to cut into witch hats.
- Unroll fruit roll. Use a pizza cutter to cut in half lengthwise and then cut into approximately 3" sections (just long enough to wrap around the hat).
- Wrap sections of fruit roll around the hat and press together in back to seal. Cover with plastic wrap or keep in an airtight container until ready to serve so they don't dry out.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
Three quick & easy Halloween recipes (appetizer, side dish, dessert)