After you experience my first attempt at video blogging (aka “vlogging“) you may want to curse the day my friend Quinn convinced me to give it a try. But don’t blame her. I took the idea and ran stumbled with it, as you will see below.
Yes, you will smile—maybe even chuckle—a few times during the vlog, but you will probably also want to leave me an anonymous comment telling me to leave the vlogging to experts like Daria, Stephanie or Allison. Perhaps it would have been better for everyone involved had I simply saved my video debut for a future appearance on Vanessa’s Iron Chef competition.
This first vlog did teach me a few important things:
- I’m prone to flash a super cheesy smile far too often. (Thanks to video editing, you will see it only two or three times rather than five or six.)
- No one in my family believes I have people.
- In my mind I rocked that sherpa-lined pink suede hat. In reality, not so much.
- Even if my readers don’t love this first vlog, Livi sure did. She cracked up while watching herself open and shut the back door…and made me replay that part over and over again so she could laugh some more.
- Sometimes the best part of a vlog is what you don’t see, like me hitting my head three times on the partially closed garage door. Yes, three times.
- My husband really is one of the handiest men around (in more ways than one, but fortunately those other ways aren’t on video…at least as far as I know).
Without further ado, because I’ve ado’d too much already, here’s the vlog for which you’ve anxiously been waiting (or not):
Vlog #1: The one about shoveling snow…
Happy New Year!
May your 2011 be full of peace and love.
Oh, who am I kidding.
May it be full of gourmet chocolate and Diet Coke with pebble ice!