You know how I'm sort of addicted to—I mean focused on—pudding cookies? I knew it wouldn't be long before I started experimenting again and yesterday was the day. I baked a batch of the most delicious Twix pudding cookies...
But not until after I made the most fail-tastic Peanut M&Ms pudding cookies. It turns out Peanut M&Ms don't make for a great add-in with cookies. Something about their ginormous size.
Not wanting to waste an entire batch of pudding cookie dough, I picked out the remaining M&Ms (you can see the pile in the above photo) and threw in chunks of Twix, my favorite candy bar of all time.
The effort was totally worth it. I loved the ooey gooey caramel combined with that bit of cookie crunch tucked inside a delicious pudding cookie. I almost wish I'd thrown in more chunks of Twix.
Who am I kidding? I totally wish I had.
Printable recipe for Twix pudding cookies below. Enjoy!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups to 3 cups coarsely chopped Twix candy bars*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat in instant pudding mix until blended. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in Twix candy bars.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of dough on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Let cool 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
* I take 3 to 4 packages of full-size Twix bars (6 to 8 bars) and slice them into 16 pieces but you can use bite-size or fun-size Twix.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Here are some other pudding cookies you might (you'll totally) enjoy: