So I had all these great intentions before I left for my first ever trip to New York with my mom and sis. You know, things like pre-writing posts and setting them to publish while gone (I so want to share my latest Cafe Rio pork and dressing recipe!) and pre-doing a lot of other things but not one of those intentions came to fruition.
We all know where a road paved with good intentions leads, so I thought I’d take a side trip for a week in New York City complete with a stay at the New York Marriott Marquis, tickets to Wicked, the NYC pass, and lots of sightseeing and shopping and eating. In fact, I’ve dedicated a Pinterest board to delicious delis, bakeries, pizza parlors and local faves.
This trip follows just four days after the biggest garage sale known to man—or at least known to me—and three weeks of decluttering, so you’ll forgive me if I couldn’t squeeze in those extra posts, right? I’m lucky to have showered.
By the way, I’m writing this post at 11:14pm Tuesday night and I haven’t packed a single thing. My flight leaves Wednesday evening and Wednesday looks like this:
- Start the laundry.
- Drop off Livi at preschool.
- Survive spin class.
- Switch over the laundry.
- Pick up Livi from preschool.
- Help in George’s kindergarten class.
- Fold the laundry.
- Take my dad around and show him how to drop off/pick up at preschool and kindergarten.
- Type up a play-by-play schedule for the entire time I’m gone.
- Pack just before leaving for the airport.
- Leave for the airport.
- Realize I’m actually going to New York for a week.
Wish me luck!
P.S. Feel free to leave a comment telling me your favorite place to eat or thing to do in the NYC area. I’d love to add it to our list!