Making bacon-wrapped hot dogs in the oven is easier than you think! Try this simple technique for bacon hot dogs as you throw together a batch of these spicy BLT dogs drizzled with melted cheese sauce.double bacon chili cheese dogs…I’ll eat hot dogs topped with the basics like mustard, ketchup, and relish. But I’ll also eat them topped with crazier toppings like this easy mango salsa.Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with habaneros.What’s the best way to balance out all that heat? A drizzle of melted cheese of course! And guess what I discovered—Velveeta now comes in individual 4-ounce packets so you can easily heat up only what you need. Those Velveeta Toppers are brilliant!8-ounce squeeze bottle the perfect way to drizzle the Velveeta over the spicy BLT hot dogs. Just don’t microwave the cheese in the bottle or it might end up all over the inside of your microwave.Not that I speak from personal experience or anything…
- 1 (8-count) package bun-length beef hot dogs
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros
- 1 (4-ounce) package Velveeta Toppers
- 1 (8-count) package hot dog buns
- Heat oven to 400° degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Wrap bacon tightly around hot dogs by spiraling it around the hot dog, overlapping the edges as you go. Secure at both ends with toothpicks.
- Place on baking sheet making sure hot dogs aren't touching each other. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until bacon is thoroughly cooked and hot dogs are browned.
- Line each hot dog bun with about 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce. Top with hot dogs followed by Rotel diced tomatoes. Drizzle with melted Velveeta cheese. Serve immediately.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 414 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 1087mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 14g
Double bacon chili cheese dogs