S'mores might be seasonal but these s'mores rice krispie treats should be enjoyed year round! Classic rice krispie treats are topped with marshmallows, crushed Golden Grahams and a drizzle of semisweet chocolate.
Who doesn't love an ooey, gooey rice krispie treat? They're crunchy, chewy and all kinds of marshmallowy, plus you can whip up a batch in about five minutes. That basically makes them one of the most perfect homemade desserts—especially if you have to make a last-minute dessert and don't want it to be lame.
Thin Mints are also a non-lame, last-minute dessert, trust me.
Sometimes when you're a huge fan of two things, you should combine those two things to make one super amazing thing like these s'mores rice krispie treats. They're to die for.
I've taken a classic rice krispie treat recipe and topped it with mini marshmallows, crushed Golden Grahams and a (heavy) drizzle of semisweet chocolate. Divine!
They're definitely tasty and definitely easy, so they definitely need to go into your dessert rotation immediately. In fact, they make a perfect after-school snack celebrating the first week of school.
Printable recipe for s'mores rice krispie treats below. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (10-oz) bag mini marshmallows plus 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 ½ cups rice krispies
- ½ to ¾ cup crushed Golden Grahams cereal
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 T butter
- 1 T light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Fold in rice krispies.
- Transfer contents to baking dish. Use waxed paper (or your fingers) lightly greased with cooking spray or butter to gently press mixture in pan until evenly distributed.
- Top with marshmallows, gently pressing so they stick to treats. Sprinkle with crushed Golden Grahams and drizzle with chocolate. Store in an airtight container (best if eaten same day).
- Combine ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until completely melted. Do not overcook!
- Use a spoon or squeeze bottle to drizzle chocolate over treats.
Here are a couple more delicious marshmallow treat recipes for you to enjoy!