This s'mores dream pie might not be the prettiest but it's definitely decadent--graham cracker pie crust, creamy chocolate fudge filling, marshmallow fluff, and a topping of crushed grahams and mini chocolate chips.
I learned a couple important lessons while whipping up this s'mores dream pie. One, store-bought graham cracker crusts don't always hold up to serious dream pies like this one. (Next time I'll try my homemade graham cracker crust I use in this key lime pie.) And two, don't underestimate the power of marshmallow fluff to stick to anything and everything.
When I first tried to make a dream pie, I attempted to use a pre-made regular ol' pie crust but when I baked it (both tries), it did this whole shrinky dink thing. It came out of the oven half its original size. Crazy! Not wanting to relive that experience I decided I'd go with something a bit more fun, and since I love all things s'mores, why not a s'mores dream pie?
Even if you were to make the graham cracker crust from scratch, this s'mores dream pie would still come together pretty dang quickly. The creamy chocolate fudge filling is simply Dream Whip, chocolate fudge pudding mix, milk, and vanilla. Then you have the Jet-Puffed marshmallow creme plus some crushed graham crackers and mini chocolate chips. That's it!
Because that dang marshmallow creme is so tricky, next time I make this pie, I may just dollop a spoonful onto each slice when serving. The Jet-Puffed marshmallow creme likes to spread and before you know it, it's slowly creeping over the edges. Plus it makes it tricky to serve when it's sticking to the knife. Fortunately I found it if you get the knife a little wet, it slides right through that creme!
By the way, if you're a fan of rich, chocolate pies, check out this Irish cream coffee mud pie from Crumby Kitchen. It's a chocoholic's dream!
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip Whipped Topping Mix
- 2 ¾ cups skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7.8 oz chocolate fudge pudding mix, (2 boxes)
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 9"
- 7 oz Jet-Puffed marshmallow creme, (1 jar)
- 1 graham cracker, crushed
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Beat whipped topping mix, 1 cup of the milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl on high speed 6 minutes.
- Add remaining milk and pudding mixes. Beat on low speed until blended, then high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spoon into graham cracker crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Option 1: Gently top pie with marshmallow creme and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and mini chocolate chips. Serve immediately. NOTE: Wetting the knife with water will help it more easily cut through the marshmallow cream.
- Option 2: Slice pie FIRST and then top with a dollop of marshmallow creme and a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g